Worms W.M.D gets some spectacular pre-order bonuses
The worms are back and fighting harder than ever in Worms W.M.D. Not only will they be making a return on 23 August 2016, but if you pre-order the game, you’ll gain access to a lot of additional content. According to a Team 17 press release, pre-orders for the game will start from today onward, but it’s territory dependent. This means it might not be available on our digital stores yet, but it will be soon. If you want access to the new “Worms W.M.D. All-Stars” content, you’ll want to make your order as soon as it goes live. I don’t see the pre-order option on the local PSN store yet, but it usually gets updated on a Wednesday anyway.
The pre-order bonuses include loads of content from a variety of different games. You’ll get masks of characters from games like PAYDAY 2, Goat Simulator, Saints Row, Yooka-Laylee and more. You can find weapons and vehicles from other fan favourite games like Rocket League and Broforce.
Here’s a full list of all the pre-order bonuses:
Rocket League – Worms fans worldwide are eager to cause mayhem with the all-new, mega-powerful Tank in Worms W.M.D, but wait until they get their hands on the Rocket League Octane Battle-Car! Soccer meets driving meets Worms. What’s not to like?
- Goat Simulator – Use the Goat-on-a-Rope weapon to strike fear into the hearts of your enemies as the goat swings around the gorgeous digitally painted 2D landscapes using its sticky tongue to hone in on them! Laugh maniacally as the homicidal maniac with hooves explodes, turning your opponents’ troops into worm meat! We also have a pretty cool Goat Simulator three mask set. Because, why not?
- PAYDAY 2 – It’s Payday time for the worms. Stick it to the man by dressing your invertebrate chums up in the masks that have become iconic for millions of PAYDAY 2 fans around the world and plan your attack looking like a total badass. They’ll never take you alive!
- Saints Row IV – The most outrageous, over-the-top action franchise in videogames, arrives in Worms W.M.D in the form of the Dubstep gun from Saints Row IV. This baby can inflict massive damage whilst making pedestrians (and worms) dance. Yes, dance. Team17 is proud, and slightly nervous, to announce that the Dubstep Gun will be bringing the dance-pocalypse as one of our mounted guns in honour of this awesome weapon.
- Unturned – The free-to-play zombie survival sensation, where millions of users try their best to stay alive, shuffles into Worms W.M.D in search of brains! And in homage to this popular zomb-fest, Worms fans can dress their slimy pals in a three mask set and wage war in an Unturned mission.
- Broforce – Coming to the explosive rescue of worms everywhere is the fan favourite Broforce Turkey Bomb, bringing the pain inWorms W.M.D. And that’s not all! The Liberty Strike is a Broforce flavoured airstrike which will rain down fiery hell from the skies. Booyah!
- Orcs Must Die! Unchained – The War Mage and Sorceress have vowed to protect the world and guard the rifts. But sometime after the last great battle, trouble is brewing again. Whilst we wait for the Orc Invasion, we can dress our worms up in this Orcs Must Die! three mask set and unleash the excellent crafted minions weapon.
- Yooka-Laylee – Dress your worms up as one of gaming’s most anticipated double acts with the awesome Yooka-Laylee seven mask set!
- The Escapists – A three mask set from the award-winning 2015 hit The Escapists is a must-have accessory for all wormy wannabe escapists. And if you want somewhere different to escape to, there’s a new mission waiting for you.
- Classic Worms – Ahhhh, precious memories of mutually-assured worm destruction! Don’t you just wish you could re-live them? We’ve got you covered! Unleash the Ming Vase, Sheep Launcher and Kamikaze weapons, get stuck into five classic missions and head into battle in a classic Worms three mask set!
Xbox One exclusive content:
- Rare All-Stars – Exclusive to Xbox players is the Rare All-Stars content with some of the most famous characters from the legendary developer joining the carnage! Unleash the devastating Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark on your enemies and send your worms into battle with an exclusive five-mask set (Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Jetpac, Killer Instinct and Battletoads).
Steam exclusive content:
- Team Fortress 2 – TF2 brings the worm pain with the devastating Sentry Gun weapon and nine mask set featuring the full TF2 crew of Pyro, Demoman, Medic, Spy, Soldier, Scout, Sniper, Heavy and Engineer.
As pre-order bonuses go, this list is seriously impressive. You can also see the content in action in the video clip below. If more games came with pre-order bonuses of this magnitude, would you be open to pre-ordering more often?