World of Warcraft updated to version 7.1 today, with a 5-man reworked version of Karazhan, a mini raid, the continuation of the story of Suramar and a quest to raise a new mount (yeah, that sounds like it might be a big grind). It is a big patch and while it has many quality of life improvements, the classes are getting buffed and nerfed, depending on where they have been in the roster for top DPS in raids.
Without listing every single change (you can go and read the full patch notes here), here are the changes to the classes. Luckily for me Demon Hunter seems to be tweaks rather than a hammer to its face, but some classes got bumped around to make the specs line up a bit better. Just look at all the changes to Mage, nerfing fire and buffing the other two specs.
Icebound Fortitude has returned, reducing damage taken by the Death Knight by 30% (remains at 20% for Frost Death Knights).
Frozen Pulse now triggers if you have fewer than 2 full Runes (was 1).
Frozen Pulse damage reduced to 60% of Attack Power (was 72%).
Glacial Advance now hits targets in melee range more reliably.
Razorice now increases Frost damage by 3% per stack (was 2%).
Obliterate damage increased by 20%.
Howling Blast damage increased by 50%.
Death Coil damage increased by 50%.
Agonizing Flames damage bonus to Immolation Aura reduced to 30% (was 50%).
Felblade is now usable against targets in melee range even if the Demon Hunter is rooted.
Distance from which Soul Fragments can be used for Soul Cleave, Soul Barrier, and Spirit Bomb has been increased to 25 yards (was 20 yards).
Demon Blades will now trigger while on the global cooldown (was delayed until after the GCD). This is not a gain to throughput.
Spirit Bomb healing from damage increased to 15% (was 10%).
Soul Barrier now lasts 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
Abilities learned have been spaced out:
Sigil of Silence – Level 101
Empower Wards – Level 103
Sigil of Misery – Level 105
Mastery: Harmony now includes Frenzied Regeneration.
Ysera’s Gift will only heal party or raid members.
Living Seed now copies 25% of the crit heal (was 50%).
Seeds of the World Tree now increases that amount by 8%/point (was 10%).
Owlkin Frenzy will now only affect Lunar Strike (and not Solar Wrath or Stellar Flare).
Swiftmend healing increased to 770% of Spell Power (was 700%).
(Balance, Guardian, Feral) Druids how have Regrowth in place of Healing Touch.
Regrowth is castable in Moonkin Form.
Talents, artifact traits, and legendaries have been updated to affect Regrowth where appropriate.
(Restoration) Regrowth has 40% additional chance to crit (was 60%).
Activating Incarnation no longer triggers a global cooldown for any spec.
Incarnation: Chosen of Elune once again provides the armored Moonkin model.
Now causes Moonfire to generate 10 Rage (was 15).
Now increases its direct damage by 300%.
Now has a spell alert.
Thick Hide now reduces damage taken by 6% (was 10%).
Prosperity now reduces your Swiftmend cooldown by 3 seconds (was 5 seconds).
Cultivation healing increased by 20%.
Track Mechanicals granted to all gnome and goblin hunters, as well as any hunter who uses the Mecha-Bond Imprint Matrix.
Posthaste now lasts 5 seconds (was 8 seconds).
Vulnerable now increases damage by 50% (was 25%), stacking up to 2 times (was 3 times).
New Hunter talent (replacing Dash):
Trailblazer: Your movement speed is increased by 25% anytime you have not attacked for 3 seconds.
Raptor Strike damage increased by 100%.
Carve damage increased by 150%.
Butchery damage increased by 35%.
Throwing Axes damage increased by 25%.
Animal Instincts has been redesigned: Flanking Strike now also reduces the remaining cooldown of a random one of the following abilities:
Aspect of the Eagle
Arcane Blast damage increased by 17%.
Arcane Missles damage increased by 17%.
Arcane Orb damage increased by 17%.
Arcane Charges now increase mana costs by 125% (was 100%).
Pyroblast damage reduced by 6%.
Flamestrike damage increased by 15%.
Aftershocks damage increased by 15%.
Brain Freeze now also increases the damage of your next Flurry by 50%.
Waterbolt damage increased by 25%.
Water Jet damage increased by 100%.
Lonely Winter now increases the damage of affected spells by 25% (was 20%).
Flurry damage increased by 5%.
Ice Lance damage increased by 5%.
Frostbolt damage increased by 5%.
Ray of Frost damage increased by 5%.
Frost Bomb damage increased by 5%.
Comet Storm damage increased by 5%.
Ebonbolt damage increased by 5%.
Frozen Orb damage increased by 5%.
Blizzard damage increased by 10%.
Effuse now heals for 250% of attack power (was 200%).
(Windwalker, Brewmaster) Crackling Jade Lightning now costs 20 Energy, plus 20 Energy per second.
Brewmaster Monks now gain 15% additional Armor from gear.
Brew-Stache now lasts 4.5 seconds (was 1.5 seconds).
Sheilun’s Gift now activates Soothing Mist.
Chi-Ji Crane Heal now heals for 135% of spell power (was 150%).
Soothing Mist now heals for 64% of spell power per tick (was 55%).
Retribution Aura no longer ignores tanks (including self).
Flash of Light now heals 450% of spell power (was 425%) and costs 18% of base mana (was 16%).
The Rule of Law talent now increases the radius of Tyr’s Deliverance by 50%.
Light’s Hammer now costs 35% of base mana (was 40%).
Sanctified Wrath now extends Avenging Wrath by 5 seconds (was 10 seconds).
Holy Wrath now deals 200% of your missing health in damage to 4 nearby enemies, up to 120% of your maximum health.
Blade of Wrath has been redesigned: (Passive) Your auto attacks have a chance to reset the cooldown of Blade of Justice.
First Avenger: Avenger’s Shield now add +50% damage to the first target, and +10% Grand Crusader proc chance.
Bastion of Light now has a 2-minute cooldown (was 3 minutes).
Crusader’s Judgment now has 2 charges, and Grand Crusader now also grants a charge of Judgment.
Mindbender now returns 0.5% of your mana per tick (was 0.75%).
Power Word: Solace now returns 1% of your mana per tick (was 0.75%).
Clarity of Will’s cast time is now 2.0 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).
Contrition now increases Atonement by 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
Renew healing increased to 62% of spell power (was 55%).
Desperate Prayer now heals and increases health by 30% (was 20%).
Divinity now lasts 6 seconds (was 8 seconds).
Heal now heals for 500% of spell power (was 475%).
Prayer of Mending now heals for 175% of spell power (was 150%).
Prayer of Mending now avoids jumping to targets that already have Prayer of Mending, if possible.
Binding Heal now costs 2.5% of mana (was 3.0%).
Holy Fire damage increased to 200% of spell power (was 150%).
Arcane Torrent now generates 15 Insanity.
Power Word: Shield cost increased by 51%.
Shadowform has returned as a new spell for Shadow Priests:
Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage dealt by 10%, and reducing your Physical damage taken by 10%.
You may not cast any Holy spells while in this form.
The shadowy visual is now tied to Shadowform.
Voidform now acts to intensify Shadowform. It automatically triggers Shadowform if not already active, and you gain the effects of both.
When Voidform ends, you return to Shadowform.
The damage of all Shadow Priest abilities has been reduced to compensate for this, resulting in no net gain or loss of damage.
Kingsbane now generates 1 combo point.
Hemorrhage, Marked for Death, and Ghostly Strike show up on the caster’s nameplates.
The cast time for all Assassination poisons has been reduced to 1.5 seconds (was 3 seconds).
Saber Slash damage increased by 10%.
Pistol Shot damage increased by 10%.
Ghostly Strike damage increased by 10%.
Blunderbuss damage increased by 10%.
Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, and Feral Spirits now all have totem timers.
Earthquake Totem has been renamed to Earthquake and no longer summons a totem.
Torrent now provides a 30% bonus to Riptide’s initial heal (was 40%).
Earth Shock damage increased by 15%.
Frost Shock damage increased by 15%.
Stormkeeper now also makes the affected Lightning Bolts and Chain Lightning instant.
Stormkeeper now has a 1.5 second cast time.
Demon Skin and Demonic Circle have swapped talent locations.
Devour Magic has returned for Felhunters.
Doomguard’s Doom Bolts damage increased by 13%.
Unstable Affliction now afflicts a target with up to 5 Unstable Afflictions at once.
Compounding Horror trait redesigned: its buff causes your next Unstable Affliction to deal (32% Spell Power) Shadow damage instantly, stacking up to 5 times.
Soul Effigy is now immune to AOE damage.
Agony damage increased by 5%.
Unstable Affliction damage increased by 5%.
Siphon Life damage increased by 5%.
Drain Life damage increased by 5%.
Drain Soul damage increased.
Phantom Singularity damage increased by 5%.
Corruption damage increased by 10%.
Demonwrath now generates Soul Shards more consistently.
Demonic Empowerment now increases health by 20% (was 50%).
Thal’kiel’s consumption deals damage equal to 8% of pet health (from 6%).
Inspiring Presence now affects party and raid members only.
Hamstring is now on the global cooldown, and can once again trigger Tactician.
Bladestorm damage increased by 8% for all specs.
Raging Blow damage increased by 8%.
Rampage damage increased by 8%.
Execute damage increased by 8%.
Bloodthirst damage increased by 8%.
Odyn’s Fury damage increased by 8%.
Furious Slash damage increased by 8%.
Dragon Roar damage increased by 8%.
Ravager damage increased by 8%.
Enrage now increases damage taken by 20% (was 30%).
Warpaint now modifies the Enrage damage taken increase to 15%.
Elemental Shaman and Fury warrior buffs stick out for me, while the Warlock buffs will really be appreciated. That is two big patches in one day, one for World of Warcraft and the other for The Division. Sucks to be you if you like both!