It’s finally happening! We’re getting another Kickstarter success story in the form of the metroidvania Hollow Knight and it looks absolutely gorgeous. With its Kickstarter campaign starting on the 19th of November 2014, Hollow Knight has been in development for quite some time but fortunately the grim looking game will finally see the light of day. Hollow Knight will finally release on the 24th of February and to celebrate this beautiful trailer was released.
From the trailer, those who jump into Hollow Knight will experience:
- Explore a vast interconnected world of forgotten highways, overgrown wilds and ruined cities.
- Forge your own path! The world of Hallownest is expansive and open. Choose which paths you take, which enemies you face and find your own way forward.
- Evolve with powerful new skills and abilities! Gain spells, strength and speed. Leap to new heights on ethereal wings. Dash forward in a blazing flash. Blast foes with fiery Soul!
- Equip Charms! Ancient relics that offer bizarre new powers and abilities. Choose your favourites and make your journey unique!
- An enormous cast of cute and creepy characters all brought to life with traditional 2D frame-by-frame animation.
- Over 130 enemies! 30 epic bosses! Face ferocious beasts and vanquish ancient knights on your quest through the kingdom. Track down every last twisted foe and add them to your Hunter’s Journal!
- Leap into minds with the Dream Nail. Uncover a whole other side to the characters you meet and the enemies you face.
- Beautiful painted landscapes, with extravagant parallax, give a unique sense of depth to a side-on world.
- Chart your journey with extensive mapping tools. Buy compasses, quills, maps and pins to enhance your understanding of Hollow Knight’s many twisting landscapes.
- A haunting, intimate score accompanies the player on their journey, composed by Christopher Larkin. The score echoes the majesty and sadness of a civilisation brought to ruin.
- Complete Hollow Knight to unlock Steel Soul Mode, the ultimate challenge!
I’ve fortunately been able to play the Hollow Knight sneak peak that came with the January Humble Monthly Bundle and I must say if the end product is as enjoyable as that demo then we’re in for something special. The game is absolutely gorgeous and I hope that Team Cherry delivers the game that backers have been waiting for.