While Horizon Zero Dawn has taken the world by storm with its robot dinosaurs and post-apocalyptic flair, the team behind the game have been hard at work fixing some bugs. A new update for the game is out today and fixes a variety of issues. It also happens to inadvertently cause a bug of its own. Once the new update is installed, you may notice that outfit stats will be double what they should be. Fortunately, it’s just a UI issue and won’t affect the gameplay at all. I’ve added the bug fixes below, but be warned, there are some spoilers below, especially in the main quests section.
- Fixed an issue where exploration music would drop out after a long period of play.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy could become ‘stuck’ in her sliding animation.
- Fixed miscellaneous issues to improve the overall play experience.
Side Quests and Activities
- Fixed an issue in “Hunter’s Blind” where the objective would not update after talking to Talanah.
- Fixed an issue in “Hunter’s Blind” where players could kills the Glinthawks before the actual objective was triggered.
- Fixed an issue in “The Foreign Lands” where players could already deliver the bow to Lakhir before being instructed to do so.
- Fixed an issue in “Fatal Inheritance” where the objective would fail to update after disabling the lure device and speaking with Ranaman during the quest.
- Fixed an issue in “Blood on Stone” where the Rockbreaker would not surface correctly if players fast-traveled from and to the quest area just before the start of the sequence.
- Fixed an issue in “Death from the Skies” where the Stormbird objective would remain active after deactivating the lures and fast-traveling from and to the quest area.
- Fixed an issue in “Redmaw” where Redmaw would be alive again if players left the quest area during the objective “Talk to Ahsis”.
- Fixed an issue in “Redmaw” where the marker for the objective “Talk to Ahsis” would be invisible outside of the quest area.
- Fixed an issue in “The Proving” where one of the attackers would fall down the slope.
- Fixed an issue in “The Womb of the Mountain” where the spear would not be in Aloy’s inventory if players opened a treasure box with a DLC item before retrieving Aloy’s weapons. Note: Players who have already encountered the issue will need to reload from a game saved prior to this quest.
- Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where players would be able to enter the gates of Mother’s Watch when fast-traveling to this location.
- Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where the quest objective would not update from “Go to the Carja Border Fort” to “Kill the corrupted machines”.
- Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where players could not progress through the Carja Fort.
- Fixed an issue in “The City of the Sun” where Erend wouldn’t spawn after the dialogue with him ended if players rushed past the civilians on the bridge.
- Fixed an issue in “The Sun Shall Fall” where players couldn’t return to Dervahl if they fast-traveled during the objective “Talk to Dervahl”.
- Fixed an issue in “The Grave Hoard” where skipping the conversation with Sylens at the end of the quest and immediately restarting would prevent “To Curse the Darkness” from starting.
- Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where players couldn’t enter the bunker if they fast-traveled away from the objective after they had interacted with the bunker.
- Fixed an issue in “The Terror of the Sun” where Aloy would respawn in an empty arena after being killed by the Behemoth. Note: Players who have already encountered the issue will need to go to Sunfall, at which point they will be teleported back into the arena to continue the quest.