New King of Consumer Grade Colorimeters Announced

For sure, it's been a life long interest. At the moment I'm quite excited thinking about what our new space might allow for.
Maybe a lazer projector? Those ones that sit on your TV stand up project up.

Maybe a lazer projector? Those ones that sit on your TV stand up project up.

I've got no interest in UST projectors. If I were to go for a projector, laser is a good option, but it would be a proper/conventional JVC or Sony projector. Unlikely though, as I find TVs to be more practical.

I'm still very happy with my current TV, so no foreseen plans to upgrade. I do like the new MLA panels from LG, but if I were to upgrade I'd get a larger TV than I have currently and they don't have MLA panels in those sizes yet.

I'm thinking more along the lines of adding more speakers, maybe a second pair of subwoofers - it really depends on the place we end up with.

So this is now not happening, Portrait Displays has ceased production indefinitely without shipping a single unit - apparently a necessary component is no longer available. Sounds to me like someone messed up on pricing, but there you go. Perhaps we'll see a new iteration at a higher price point sometime down the line.

Was it a kick starter or something? Was it their only product?

Was it a kick starter or something? Was it their only product?

Portrait Displays are responsible for Calman, the industry standard display calibration software. This was to be their first in-house consumer colorimeter (their previous offerings were 3rd party rebrands).

On the plus side, it provided the impetus to refresh my TV cal - glad to report there's been virtually zero drift over the past couple of years. Nice to know OLEDs are so stable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom