Page 1 of 16 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex Interactive Gioteck BF3 Conquest league: RULES

Best Clan Sig Designer 2012
    BzK Barbarian, DGL: W3 - L0
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Apex Interactive Gioteck BF3 Conquest league: RULES

Good day,

After speaking to all the clan leaders and response we got was positive, I would like to let all know how the BF3 Conquest League would work.

Teams & Reserves
    SUBMIT YOU TEAM BY CLICK AND POSTING IT IN THIS LINK --> ENTER YOUR TEAM/S

You will have to enter a 12 players team.
    You will be required to supply the names of your 12 soldiers that you want to enter as a team.
    Reserves are there as back-up and they do not need to be supplied. The main thing here would be that at least 9 of the submitted soldiers must be on the field and the reserve soldier must not have played a match already that day.

If FOR ANY REASON you can't have your 12 man squad announced playing, you are allowed to field any player as a reserve, but not if he played in a match already on the day. 9 of your announce 12 man squad MUST be in the game. If not, a forfeit will be given to your opponent or you play with less men.

In the event of a DC and you have already used your reserves, the spot may not be filled.

Player Restrictments

1. If you have a player in your team under the age of 18, he/she needs their parents/guardians to give a consent letter (signed) sent to me stating that they are aware of the age restriction on the game, but they give their consent the he/she may play the game and can take part in the League.
    This needs to be sent to me before Monday please. My mail address will be sent to you on request via PM or post made.
    2. If you have a South African citizen in your team that plays abroad, he/she needs to send me a copy of their South Africa Identification Document, with a South African Residential address. If this is sent, they can take part in the League.
    This needs to be sent to me before Monday please. My mail address will be sent to you on request via PM or post made.

Maps
    We play a total of 6 maps on each match day.

1 x Team Death Match (This is to get all your soldier ready, online and get your aim in). This map will not count toward anything.
    5 x Conquest (all played at 100% Tickets)

If by the end of the Team Death Match map you have not gotten your clan together, you will be playing with fewer soldiers, unless you make arrangements with the clan you up against and they agree to your terms.

Each Monday, 5 random Conquest maps will be posted that will be played on Match Day (This will be randomly generated by Main Gaming).
    The clans that qualified for Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals & Final will vote for their 5 maps and the top 5 maps will be used throughout the rest of the tournament.

The following maps will be excluded from the maps selections:
    - ALL B2K MAPS (Because not all members have all the DLC's).
    - Noshahr Canals (Because of the unfair spawn advantage).

Rules (In match Rules)
    1. No Air base raping allowed.
    1.1 There however is an exception that when fired upon from inside their base, you are allowed to retaliate.
    2. No vehicle stealing inside the opponent’s base. Taking an opponents vehicle while in battle is allowed.

That is it... simple and klaar.
    If you can push a team back into their base and hold them there, then good on you.

League Start Date
    The league will officially start on the 10th of September 2012 and first match to be played on the 13th of September @ 21:00.

Match Day / Fixtures

There will be 4 pools. A | B | C | D

We currently have 12 teams that entered, so there will be 4 pools of 3 teams.

Match day is on every Thursday @ 21:00 (This is when the TDM will start).
    The team hosting the match needs to ensure that their server is set up and ready to be used. I think it's safe to set the "Start Round" at 14. This will give everyone enough time to get the squads in.
    There must please be at-least 2 admins on the server to kick randoms & move players.

Round Robin Stage
    - Each team will play each team once.
    - The Top 2 teams from all Pools will advance to a Quarter Final
    NB! In the event where there is a tie in a pool, a 100% Team Death Match will be played on CANALS on the coming Monday to determine the Pool Winner.

Knockout Stage

Quarter Finals 01: Pool A Winner vs. Pool B Runner-Up
    Quarter Finals 02: Pool B Winner vs. Pool A Runner-Up
    Quarter Finals 03: Pool C Winner vs. Pool D Runner-Up
    Quarter Finals 04: Pool D Winner vs. Pool C Runner-Up

Semi-Finals

Semi-Finals 01: QF1 Winner vs. QF4 Winner
    Semi-Finals 02: QF2 Winner vs. QF3 Winner

Finals
    Finals: SF01 Winner vs. SF02 Winner
    Runner-Up Finals: SF01 Runner-Up vs. SF02 Runner-Up

Overall leaderboard will determine who gets server advantage.

Points System
    The points system will be as follows

- 3 Points for a WIN
    - 0 Points for a LOSS
    - 1 Bonus Point Awarded for a Whitewash (When you beat your opponent 5 - 0).

LEAGUE PRIZES
    Prizes up for grabs can be seen by clicking on the following link --> PRIZES FOR 1st and 2nd PLACE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool, so the floor is open for any suggestions, ideas or comments.

@speed_demon | @TaLi-KaN3R | @MZW-288 | @MoFaan | @Mr-Beefy_PS | @Miggs7170 | @RA1THE | @morneokelly | @LarisvdW | @Shtr88 | @Skoldzer
    Last edited by LeStat; September 4th, 2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Update Rules & Added Fixtures

2. Saying Thanks:

Chris_Sen (August 30th, 2012),  Fatal_Dmc99 (September 11th, 2012),  FrActurE_101 (August 30th, 2012),  kmavtwo (September 5th, 2012),  kylemorify (August 31st, 2012),  Matty (August 30th, 2012),  MoFaan (August 30th, 2012),  morneokelly (August 30th, 2012),  ORSIM_L (September 2nd, 2012),  Ranz (August 30th, 2012),  sesh17 (September 4th, 2012),  SilentForce9 (September 4th, 2012),  speed_demon (September 3rd, 2012),  TACKLEBERRY21 (August 30th, 2012),  TaLi-KaN3R (August 30th, 2012),  wazarmoto (August 30th, 2012)  

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LeStat View Post

With Main Gaming involved with this League, ALL soldiers that will take part in the League (Players & Reserves) will have to register as their site, but more details regarding this will follow.

well then thank god we had the MGL COD tourny cause that would of been a bit of a mission again lol

4. Saying Thanks:

LeStat (August 30th, 2012)  

BF3 CQL Champs 2012
    BF3 CQD Champs 2013

Game IDs
    Experience

I like it! Nice and simple! I'm not trying to complicate things (which I often do!) but there are two concerns.

Maps

Another way we can do it - which I've seen in most other BF3 tournaments - is to actually play only 3 maps BUT play on both sides (each team has an opportunity to be on RU and US). This ensures that any map balance issues don't upset anyone (Noshahr Canals is almost impossible to win if you spawn on the wrong side against a competent team). The winner can then be decided by on a map by map basis with the points different over all the maps instead of just who won what. So if a team dominates on US Bazaar and wins by 150 tickets but then loses on RU Bazaar by 50 tickets then they are determined the winner of the map!

Another question is do we play ALL the maps. So even if a team has lost there first few rounds should they play the rest. I think it's really important to get all the maps played to ensure equal footing for a tie breaker.

Tie Breaker

If there are 4 teams in 1 pool there is a high chance that 2 teams can win 2-1 and thus be in a tie. There are two ways to handle this: If A and B team both end on the same result after the pool stages are complete then simply look at the result from A vs B game and who ever won that moves ahead. The other way to do it is to look at the total points difference from the games that were played.
    Last edited by RSA-Ace; August 30th, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

Best Tournament Host 2011
    pew.. pew..
    Game IDs
    Experience

does your registration need approval @mikaeel as i tried logging on after wards and got a error msg - account not active

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RSA-Ace View Post
    I like it! Nice and simple! I'm not trying to complicate things (which I often do!) but there are two concerns.

Maps

Another way we can do it - which I've seen in most other BF3 tournaments - is to actually play only 3 maps BUT play on both sides (each team has an opportunity to be on RU and US). This ensures that any map balance issues don't upset anyone (Noshahr Canals is almost impossible to win if you spawn on the wrong side against a competent team). The winner can then be decided by on a map by map basis with the points different over all the maps instead of just who won what. So if a team dominates on US Bazaar and wins by 150 tickets but then loses on RU Bazaar by 50 tickets then they are determined the winner of the map!

Another question is do we play ALL the maps. So even if a team has lost there first few rounds should they play the rest. I think it's really important to get all the maps played to ensure equal footing for a tie breaker.

Tie Breaker

If there are 4 teams in 1 pool there is a high chance that 2 teams can win 2-1 and thus be in a tie. There are two ways to handle this: If A and B team both end on the same result after the pool stages are complete then simply look at the result from A vs B game and who ever won that moves ahead. The other way to do it is to look at the total points difference from the games that were played.
    Nah dude, this is what the thread is for... We want everyone to be happy...
    @Mr-Beefy_PS suggested this as well... What do the others think?

1. 3 MAPS PLAYED TWICE?
    2. 5 MAPS PLAYED ONCE?

8. Saying Thanks:

RSA-Ace (August 30th, 2012)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ViRuS View Post
    does your registration need approval @mikaeel as i tried logging on after wards and got a error msg - account not active
    Not 100% sure bud, think Abu needs to let you know about that.

Best Tournament Host 2011
    pew.. pew..
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RSA-Ace View Post

Maps

Tie Breaker

i say you play the 5 maps - and you get 1 point for every map you win.
    no need to play the map from both sides as noshar is out, and the rest of the maps are pretty even....

11. Saying Thanks:

Chris_Sen (August 30th, 2012),  LeStat (August 30th, 2012),  morneokelly (August 30th, 2012),  RA1THE (August 30th, 2012),  RSA-Ace (August 30th, 2012)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ViRuS View Post
    i say you play the 5 maps - and you get 1 point for every map you win.
    no need to play the map from both sides as noshar is out, and the rest of the maps are pretty even....
    This is my feel as well... Canals is the only map that REALLY puts you in a disadvantage...

BF3 CQL Champs 2012
    BF3 CQD Champs 2013

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LeStat View Post
    This is my feel as well... Canals is the only map that REALLY puts you in a disadvantage...
    I didn't actual see that it was taken out! Yeah that's great.

I just like the 3 map solution because it means a COMPLETELY equal game. There can be no complaints about balance! But really both work.

14. Saying Thanks:

Henco (September 1st, 2012),  LeStat (August 30th, 2012),  morneokelly (August 30th, 2012)  

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

Here's a question, Let's say memeber (A) and reserve member (B)

If we get into the match in TDM and all members are in and we move onto Conquest
    If A get's disconnected or his PS3 freeze's will we be allowed to get B during the Conquest game already being played?

Page 1 of 16 12345 ... LastLast