Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Car for under 300k

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by void667 View Post
    What standard features does the Golf have that the Polo doesnt?
    Well most are better options like Full leather, climate control aircon, proper armrest, curtain/knee airbags, antidazzle rear view mirror, service plan from what i recall.

The polo is well specced but when taking driving dynamics and the full package into consideration the golf makes more sense.

If you spec a polo up with service plan, xenons, airbags and roof you looking at almost 310k

The equivalent Golf comes to roughly 385k
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by STERLING VOID View Post
    lol, hey whenever I thought of the polo, thinking about your offer still came to mind. Is yours still available?

Im not yet ready but still checking around to see whats what.
    Its provisionally sold, would been awesome if you took it

Drive both and take it from there!

Good luck, both awesome cars if you decide on either
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Very Senior Member
    bleh! bleh bleh!
    Game IDs
    Experience

K i have a quote from VW for a new Polo GTI with sunroof, xenons and Bluetooth integration. Priced at R305 000 before maintenance plan

So now i rate thats not such a great idea. My thinking is get a second hand one (10 000km +-) with sunroof, pdc and get the xenons installed.. Will save about 70k

So basicallly spend about 260k on a nice Polo with very very low milleage. Any downsides to this plan besides it being second hand?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LFC View Post
    Its provisionally sold, would been awesome if you took it

Drive both and take it from there!

Good luck, both awesome cars if you decide on either

Experience

K i have a quote from VW for a new Polo GTI with sunroof, xenons and Bluetooth integration. Priced at R305 000 before maintenance plan
    no maintenance plan? WTF!

Gaming Wizard
    I bid thee adieu
    Experience

So basicallly spend about 260k on a nice Polo with very very low milleage. Any downsides to this plan besides it being second hand?
    The only real downside to buying a newish secondhand car is prior damage but considering the age it's almost impossible unless the previous owner was a paraplegic monkey.

My friend is in the market as well and was sending us deals he found yesterday, on Automart he found a 2011 model for 235k, FSH, Sunroof, PDC, balance of motorplan etc. It only did not have the newer LED lights. Sadly in a fit of jealousy I deleted the emails this morning so I can't forward you the details now .
    "My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

Very Senior Member
    bleh! bleh bleh!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by riezo View Post
    The only real downside to buying a newish secondhand car is prior damage but considering the age it's almost impossible unless the previous owner was a paraplegic monkey.

My friend is in the market as well and was sending us deals he found yesterday, on Automart he found a 2011 model for 235k, FSH, Sunroof, PDC, balance of motorplan etc. It only did not have the newer LED lights. Sadly in a fit of jealousy I deleted the emails this morning so I can't forward you the details now .
    Thats not a bad price, What i have noticed is the GTI came out some time in 2012 with different rims (black on the inside) So looking for one of those. Very hard to find any second hand models with xenons, hence why i think i will just buy them aftermarket. Waiting for VW spares to call me back about the xenon aftersale price.
    @STERLING VOID One thing VW needs to catch up with the industry is their service/maintenance plans

Gaming Wizard
    I bid thee adieu
    Experience

The last quote I got on OEM lights from VW were R3800+- for Golf V GTi Xenon headlight. Per headlight with no globes.

Also, research and find out if it is possible to fit aftermarket OEM LED's, I know it is not possible with the Golf VI, for the LED's to work the ECU needs to be flashed.
    "My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

Experience

So now i rate thats not such a great idea. My thinking is get a second hand one (10 000km +-) with sunroof, pdc and get the xenons installed.. Will save about 70k

Retro fitting Xenons would be an expensive exercise +-20k at least. The xenon price quoted when buying new can be easily doubled when buying from the dealer afterwards.

Its not plug and play, it will require wiring, ecu and leveller changes.

Also, the earlier polo's had issues with sunroofs shattering while driving, probably isolated but worth mentioning

You should be OK with a one owner, low mileage, no roof and standard halogen lights.
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Experience

@STERLING VOID One thing VW needs to catch up with the industry is their service/maintenance plans
    They seem to have pricing which include the plans, imagine the price once they do that.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast