Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415

Thread: Loot crate South Africa

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SgtFiddler View Post
    Great, thanks.

So if i order, i just add the local (in my case Jhb) AGS address. How do they (AGS) know when they receive my package that it specifically belongs to me though?
    When I order an item from Amazon US that cannot be shipped to SA, I typically choose the AGS location in the US (New York) because shipping to there is the cheapest. Ditto for Amazon UK, I have it sent to the AGS location in London.

I don't know the specifics but I believe your AGS location address you specify at checkout contains details about your account, it has your AGS account number, something like JHB 1234 or CPT 6789. So that's how I would assume they know the package is specifically for you.
    Last edited by onelargeprawn; June 21st, 2017 at 10:18 AM.

2. Saying Thanks:

SgtFiddler (June 21st, 2017)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    When I order an item from Amazon US that cannot be shipped to SA, I typically choose the AGS location in the US (New York) because shipping to there is the cheapest. Ditto for Amazon UK, I have it sent to the AGS location in London.

I don't know the specifics but I believe your AGS location address you specify at checkout contains details about your account, it has your AGS account number, something like JHB 1234 or CPT 6789. So that's how I would assume they know the package is specifically for you.
    Does tracking then continue once it reaches the AGS location and up to when it's delivered to you?

And in your first example, if shipping to an AGS address in the US, how long does it roughly take to ship here and are there any further additional costs involved (barring customs)?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SgtFiddler View Post
    Does tracking then continue once it reaches the AGS location and up to when it's delivered to you?

And in your first example, if shipping to an AGS address in the US, how long does it roughly take to ship here and are there any further additional costs involved (barring customs)?
    Tracking from the site to your AGS location is dependent on the shipper the site uses. When it hits your AGS location, all the tracking details will be available on your AGS profile.

I've looked in my profile for the US shipment but I can't see it. Here's a screencap of my latest Amazon UK purchase. You'll see:

• AGS's shipment charges from UK to my CPT address based on weight - R195.
    • Duties in this case was R0.
    • It arrived at the AGS UK location on May 25th and was delivered to my door on May 30th. That's not a long time to wait.
    • At the bottom of the page, you'll notice a linked JPG - that's a photo of my parcel. You use the upload feature to upload your invoice, in this case, you'll see I uploaded my Amazon UK invoice as a PDF.

5. Saying Thanks:

SgtFiddler (June 21st, 2017)  

Experience

Tracking from the site to your AGS location is dependent on the shipper the site uses. When it hits your AGS location, all the tracking details will be available on your AGS profile.

I've looked in my profile for the US shipment but I can't see it. Here's a screencap of my latest Amazon UK purchase. You'll see:

• AGS's shipment charges from UK to my CPT address based on weight - R195.
    • Duties in this case was R0.
    • It arrived at the AGS UK location on May 25th and was delivered to my door on May 30th. That's not a long time to wait.
    • At the bottom of the page, you'll notice a linked JPG - that's a photo of my parcel. You use the upload feature to upload your invoice, in this case, you'll see I uploaded my Amazon UK invoice as a PDF.

Thanks for the help, will be testing it out shortly.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

Experience

Keep us updated. My experience thus far with AGS has been positive.

Very Senior Member
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    Yup, that's SA customs for you...I want to punch them in the face to wake up.

I bought this Bat Spotlight from Hong Kong on the left to go with my Batman figure.

Attachment 85879

Timeline:

2017-05-26 17:00 HK, Posted
    2017-05-29 11:11 HK, Arrived at processing centre
    2017-05-29 20:57 HK, Handed over to carrier / Left for destination
    2017-06-07 08:30 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), Incomming International
    2017-06-07 08:31 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), To Customs
    2017-06-15 22:42 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), In transit

Still waiting for it to arrive at Cape Mail because I am in the Western Cape, should take another 2 weeks or so before I get it, or I hope so.

In other words, it took around a week before it arrived in SA, its been here since the 7th and it is still stuck in customs.
    For all parcels stuck at customs - Lindsay.Hopley at postoffice dot co dot za, Debbie.Oppelt at postoffice dot co dot za

Email those two ladies with your original tracking nu and the invoice for whatever was baught. They will process it quickly - normally once a parcel is untrackable it is in South Africa and it looses it international tracking number - customs gives it a new one but they dont let us know what it is. By emailing the ladies, they sort it out quickly and it will be at your local postoffice a day or two later.

9. Saying Thanks:

Transformer09 (June 21st, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I contacted Loot Crate to reprocess payment. They thanked me for my honesty and said it's on the house.

11. Saying Thanks:

Ninja_Badger_RSA (June 22nd, 2017)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    For all parcels stuck at customs - Lindsay.Hopley at postoffice dot co dot za, Debbie.Oppelt at postoffice dot co dot za

Email those two ladies with your original tracking nu and the invoice for whatever was baught. They will process it quickly - normally once a parcel is untrackable it is in South Africa and it looses it international tracking number - customs gives it a new one but they dont let us know what it is. By emailing the ladies, they sort it out quickly and it will be at your local postoffice a day or two later.
    Thanks for the contact information.

Tried contacting these two ladies, no response, yet. Usually items with international tracking numbers retain these numbers and can be tracked on this site: http://sms.postoffice.co.za/Tracking...Trace.aspx?id=

The post office has gone to heck about two years ago. Previously airmail from US would take 2 weeks max, while EMS from Japan would take 3 days, it was even faster than FedEx. Now EMS takes 2-3 weeks. EMS from US would take one week (USPS Express Mail International), now also 2-3 weeks. Airmail takes 2-3 months. It is truly that pathetic. I was gonna select SAL on HLJ but chickened out and went with EMS. Previously SAL was very cheap and would take 2-3 months with no tracking and always arrived.

Currently if your shipper does not offer insurance, the best bet is to use EMS. It still gets here and it's insured anyway. I also have a Rightstuf order send by Ascendia, that is going to take 2-3 months. Thankfully these orders are insured.
    Last edited by Space_Chief; June 27th, 2017 at 07:51 PM.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by QuiXilver View Post
    I contacted Loot Crate to reprocess payment. They thanked me for my honesty and said it's on the house.
    US companies are like that. I had an order for some iPhone7 adapter cables (headphone and power in one) and the shipper messed up and sent my order to the Czech Republic according to the DHL airmail number they sent. I got a refund after reporting this to Stacksocial. A month later the order arrived and they had given an incorrect tracking number in my email. Stacksocial did not want the refund back, as the shipper had messed up.

Experience

I see they also have a Japanese address. Unfortunately some sites do not ship to freight forwarders and most sites don't like to deal with foreigners, so you have to use a shopping service anyway, like Buyee, Noppin or CD Japan. Sites which accept foreigners usually ship overseas with EMS or FedEx.

If you want something special, like have someone travel Tokyo to Kyoto for you to attend a once off event, she'll do it ---> http://kaimonodaikou.ninja-x.jp/how2buy.html but you have to pay her travel expense, very reasonable, will even wait in line and arrive early if early bird items are sold. Also does regular shopping requests.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415