Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4345051525354

Thread: AFRIHOST???

Oupa
    Most Prolific Poster of 2013
    My nipples are ready
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    wow I cant even stream YouTube atm but my downloads are running at full speed
    My Youtube streaming is fine, zero issues.

2. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (June 9th, 2017)  

Banned
    :O behind you!!!!

Experience

Hey guys, anyone here using their 20mb vdsl HOME package? I want to compare the performances of the HOME vs PREMIUM on vdsl and whether throttling is an issue or not. Currently on a 4mb premium and want to upgrade in order to get better upload speeds as unfortunately fiber is not available in my area yet but 20mb home vs premium is like R600 difference.

Game IDs
    Experience

On the adsl packages there is no difference between the home and premium.

I am on the normal shaped 100gb package for R99 a month, I don't see any difference between this and the 100gb unshaped package for R199. My ping and download speeds are the exact same on both packages throughout the month.

Once I get capped I upgrade to the premium uncapped for whatever the pro-rata rate ias but a couple months ago I tested the home uncapped and it was the exact same. I have a 10mb line so I only upgrade to the 4mb home because you still get your full line speed. This morning I actually upgraded because I got capped, so upgraded to 4mb home for R27 pro-rata. Even though it is the 4mb uncapped package I will still get my full 10mb line speed. Been doing this for a while, probably like 2 years, before they even had all these extra options.

From between now till the end of the month I will do about 300-400gb without any shaping or loss of speeds.
    PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord

Hidden Content

5. Saying Thanks:

Distinctchip99 (June 14th, 2017),  po10cySA (June 14th, 2017),  SLYGUY (June 16th, 2017)  

Very Senior Member Distinctchip99's Avatar
    Experience

Just applied for my Afrihost subs for capped 100GB @ R145.00 on 1MB line to start with. Will only use it for Xbox One, 360 and PS3 downloads and updates as well as updates on phones etc.

Chuffed with the service sofar but I haven't started using their product yet.

Will I have trouble playing online on games like Dark Souls 3 with this line?

Game IDs
    Experience

Not sure if it's ok to game online with but I can tell you now it's going to frustrate the hell out of you when you want to game and it needs to update...

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Ok my streaming is working 100% again must have just been a problem last weekend

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Openserve/AfriHost running a special which ends today where I get a 10 by 5 fibre (100GB) line for R577.

Free installation.

I'm paying just over R600 for my adsl 4meg line atm.

Very tempted but I think I should wait, the prices will still get better.

Thoughts dudes?

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by SLYGUY; August 4th, 2017 at 11:47 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    Openserve/AfriHost running a special which ends today where I get a 10 by 5 fibre (100GB) line for R577.

Free installation.

I'm paying just over R600 for my adsl 4meg line atm.

Very tempted but I think I should wait, the prices will still get better.

Thoughts dudes?

Capture.JPG
    Only seeing this post now. I would have gone for it. Getting Fibre is all i want right now (apart from a DJI drone )

As soon as openserve makes fibre available (hopefully in the next month or so) I will be switching.

Experience

Ive used Telkom, Mweb and now on Afrihost on a basic 4mb line. They are the most rigid, I stream lots of Netflix and Youtube from my PS4 and its very stable with HD, even for a 4mb line

Game IDs
    Experience

Wow Afrihost has really disappointed me today.

I deleted my adsl account because from next month I won't have adsl so no point in paying for something I won't be using. I am currently on an uncapped account and I can barely do anything tonight, this rings some bells as I never have an issue. So I create a new user and get a free 1gb account and everything is running perfectly as I have had for the past few years.

Will be calling them to ask wtf is going on and sending through my speed results on the account that I have paid for till the end of the month vs the free account I just got.
    PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord

Hidden Content

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4345051525354