Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 193536373839

Thread: Bitcoin and Alt-coin investment and trading

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by scienide View Post
    I need see that, as I had btc with them then.
    Go to your balance screen where you see rand + bitcoin values and tap again, that's where I saw my bch value.

2. Saying Thanks:

Gamer-noob-404 (October 21st, 2017),  scienide (Yesterday)  

Experience

I suggest downloading a wallet app that gives you full control of the private keys. Then later on if BTG takes off and exchanges support and wallets are released, you should be able to access your BTG.
    @marky365
    I honestly don't know of buying now is good idea or not. You could buy, but you may need to keep on eye on things because I still believe a big sell off is going to happen. If you buy BTC now, you are basically in it to make a quick trade to make some profit. I'm still waiting for the drop, trying to exercise patience 😁

Best Trader 2012
    Serpiente!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    I suggest downloading a wallet app that gives you full control of the private keys. Then later on if BTG takes off and exchanges support and wallets are released, you should be able to access your BTG.
    @marky365
    I honestly don't know of buying now is good idea or not. You could buy, but you may need to keep on eye on things because I still believe a big sell off is going to happen. If you buy BTC now, you are basically in it to make a quick trade to make some profit. I'm still waiting for the drop, trying to exercise patience ��
    When they say private keys - what does that actually mean? Is that the long code that represents your wallet address, or is it a security measure?

I've put in buy orders for BTC (R85k) and ETH (R4250) - just noticed that my ETH order has gone through! I wanted to go in now to cancel and set the buy order lower but it already matched. No notification options for matched trades on ICE3X I see. Looks like in the last few hours that was ETH's lowest sell (or close enough) of the day on ICE3X before a slight rise again, so I'm quite chuffed with that. Of course it might drop even lower now.

I'm not in BTC to make a quick trade as I'd need to risk at least R50k for that to be worth it. So when I buy BTC it's for the long haul. How low do you reckon it could dip after the BTG fork? I think I'm going to set that buy order much lower than R85k actually, as there is a bit of a dip now. I just have a feeling that the dip after the BTG fork won't be as big as we think.

The problem with the current period is that there is so much uncertainty surrounding Segwit 2X around 18 November, because that's when there could be a real change in the landscape. The Segwit 2X supporters actually want their version to become the real Bitcoin after the fork – it's not a "friendly fork" – so there is a real chance it could derail BTC as we know it, and who knows what will happen before and after that. Then again it might fail, in which case BTC is likely to shoot up again after 18 November.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by marky365 View Post
    I'm not in BTC to make a quick trade as I'd need to risk at least R50k for that to be worth it. So when I buy BTC it's for the long haul. How low do you reckon it could dip after the BTG fork? I think I'm going to set that buy order much lower than R85k actually, as there is a bit of a dip now. I just have a feeling that the dip after the BTG fork won't be as big as we think.
    No one can predict bitcoin's rise and falls with much accuracy. It's 100% a buyers/sellers market. The only solid evidence present is it's gradual climb over the years. Everything else, is basically a prediction until it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by marky365 View Post
    The problem with the current period is that there is so much uncertainty surrounding Segwit 2X around 18 November, because that's when there could be a real change in the landscape. The Segwit 2X supporters actually want their version to become the real Bitcoin after the fork – it's not a "friendly fork" – so there is a real chance it could derail BTC as we know it, and who knows what will happen before and after that. Then again it might fail, in which case BTC is likely to shoot up again after 18 November.
    I don't think so, I remember people freaking out over BCC and it seems to be doing OK for now but, nowhere near where people where predicting it to be.

All I am saying is; Be careful with alts/splits. Hell! Be careful with bitcoin too! Never put something in you do not plan to lose. Sure, some people have tossed in a million and rode a way to fortune, some people tossed in more and panic sold losing a lot. I've been lucky enough to get in a long time ago and reap the rewards but even then it could all come crashing down one day. Stay safe and, you'll do just fine.
    Last edited by Glordit; Yesterday at 10:11 AM.

6. Saying Thanks:

marky365 (Yesterday)  

Experience

@marky365

Regarding wallets. On every exchange, you have a wallet per coin, and these wallets are controlled by the exchange to the point where the exchange in essence "owns" your bitcoins.

With regards to BTG, the developers are creating a clone of the bitcoin blockchain (public general ledger of all transactions). As it is a clone, your BTG wallet address will be the same as your BTC wallet address. The issue comes where the exchange where you currently hold your BTC. If the exchange never supports BTG, there will be no way for you to ever get access to the BTG.

If you use a private wallet that allows access to private keys, later on when somebody releases a private wallet for BTG, you should be able to use the same private keys to access you BTG.

As for me, I have ZERO interest in BTG, the whole thing basically sounds like a get rich quick scheme by developers. The developers have pre-mined thousands of blocks, and the first exchange to begin trading, they will sell everything for BTC most likely, make tons on profit, and the price will drop leaving BTG pretty much worthless.

My take I things. But I have been wrong before

8. Saying Thanks:

marky365 (Yesterday)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    [MENTION=6361]

As for me, I have ZERO interest in BTG, the whole thing basically sounds like a get rich quick scheme by developers. The developers have pre-mined thousands of blocks, and the first exchange to begin trading, they will sell everything for BTC most likely, make tons on profit, and the price will drop leaving BTG pretty much worthless.
    Funnily enough, the exact same thing happens to BCC. The first exchange to sell it had people make a killing, and shortly afterwards the price dropped heavily.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    Funnily enough, the exact same thing happens to BCC. The first exchange to sell it had people make a killing, and shortly afterwards the price dropped heavily.
    I must admit, I am struggling a bit to stick to my plan, patience is killing me, I have a bit of FOMO

Experience

Is anybody else having trouble with IOTA wallet? Since yesterday it keeps saying "No Connection". I have tried all the different nodes and still nothing.

Best Trader 2012
    Serpiente!!!
    Experience

Be careful of replay attacks during Segwit2x fork as well.

I downloaded Exodus desktop wallet and it looks beautiful. Which wallets that give you private keys are working for you guys? For all your coins.

Experience

Electrum for BTC and LTC.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 193536373839