Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19496566676869

Thread: HD-10/HDMI 2.0a TV's

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tag11 View Post
    @MarioAna Worthy of a 40th present to yourself?
    Nah. The technology is moving too fast right now to make the correct decision.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by DeanoBlado View Post
    But that is what the article is saying?
    No, the article is speculating when there's no speculation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanoBlado View Post
    You dont need to invest in 4K to enjoy the benefits of HDR. it can be decoupled.
    "1080p with HDR is better then 4K without HDR"
    You still need an Ultra HDTV - and good ones will generally be 4K or above. The streaming services are talking about the resolution of the content, which makes perfect sense. Most Ultra HD Blu-rays are 2K, not 4K, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    What would make a decision the "correct" one to your mind? The Ultra HD spec is so far beyond the technology we have today it's going to take a great number of years to meet it - the goal posts will be shifting continously.
    Last edited by KenMasters; June 7th, 2017 at 06:41 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

Oh believe me at 33k you won't get a better tv very soon, Samsung QLED is basically a KS with a higher color spectrum, the new lg oleds are barely 8% brighter and basically the same as the previous model.

And believe me when I say that OLED's perfect black is heaps ahead of any LED-LCD that exists. In fact Samsung has taken a step back the last 2 years because their top tier tvs has edge lit panels instead of full array like the js9500 (the ks9800 in the uk had full array but nowhere else in the world except the uk version) This is the main reason I sold my ks8500 and went oled because local dimming is pretty terrible on edge lit displays. Needless to say if I was in the market for a high end tv the Oled B6 for 33k is worth every penny.

You would be surprised how important black is on a tv, it basically defines the whole experience.

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    Oh believe me at 33k you won't get a better tv very soon, Samsung QLED is basically a KS with a higher color spectrum, the new lg oleds are barely 8% brighter and basically the same as the previous model.

And believe me when I say that OLED's perfect black is heaps ahead of any LED-LCD that exists. In fact Samsung has taken a step back the last 2 years because their top tier tvs has edge lit panels instead of full array like the js9500 (the ks9800 in the uk had full array but nowhere else in the world except the uk version) This is the main reason I sold my ks8500 and went oled because local dimming is pretty terrible on edge lit displays. Needless to say if I was in the market for a high end tv the Oled B6 for 33k is worth every penny.

You would be surprised how important black is on a tv, it basically defines the whole experience.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all, because I know all of that stuff. What I mean is that there are basically no options locally that give you all the things you want at even a decent price. The OLEDs would be my first choice but are compromised on peak brightness (yes the deeper blacks help compensate) and are extremely expensive. I agree about the new range of Samsung's; way over priced and not actually upgrading key areas. The KS8000 seems to still be the best bang for buck but I expected the price to drop more and it also doesn't do local dimming and peaks at 1000 nits which I believe is the best available at the moment but the eventual standard is going to be ten times that.

I don't expect to be able to buy something fully future proofed at the moment but how about something more in the 2000-3000 nit range with decent local dimming (not pixel level) and a half decent price. Overseas they have so many more options like the mid range Vizio brand in the US which sells cheaper that the HiSense there and comes with 32 local dimming zones. Better tech than our high end Samsung's (only in that area, the Vizio only pushes 600 nits).

So my point is, if I'm going to spend a lot of money I don't want to compromise in any area. In a year I'm sure there will be a 1000+ nit, 4k, 60"+, local dimming TV for under R30k. I think locally the KS8000 gets closest to that.

Vizio M-Series:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/28/vizio-m-series/

The new Hi Sense range (H9D) looks like it could be interesting but no real info on them yet.

Game IDs
    Experience

I wouldn't be surprised at all, because I know all of that stuff. What I mean is that there are basically no options locally that give you all the things you want at even a decent price. The OLEDs would be my first choice but are compromised on peak brightness (yes the deeper blacks help compensate) and are extremely expensive. I agree about the new range of Samsung's; way over priced and not actually upgrading key areas. The KS8000 seems to still be the best bang for buck but I expected the price to drop more and it also doesn't do local dimming and peaks at 1000 nits which I believe is the best available at the moment but the eventual standard is going to be ten times that.

I don't expect to be able to buy something fully future proofed at the moment but how about something more in the 2000-3000 nit range with decent local dimming (not pixel level) and a half decent price. Overseas they have so many more options like the mid range Vizio brand in the US which sells cheaper that the HiSense there and comes with 32 local dimming zones. Better tech than our high end Samsung's (only in that area, the Vizio only pushes 600 nits).

So my point is, if I'm going to spend a lot of money I don't want to compromise in any area. In a year I'm sure there will be a 1000+ nit, 4k, 60"+, local dimming TV for under R30k. I think locally the KS8000 gets closest to that.

Vizio M-Series:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/28/vizio-m-series/

The new Hi Sense range (H9D) looks like it could be interesting but no real info on them yet.
    I've heard good things about Sony's higher end offerings but they pulled out of the damn country. Samsung is dropping the ball these days in my opinion they sell on hype more than quality.

Game IDs
    Experience

Takealot just dropped the OLED B6 to R29,999, now that is a brilliant deal.

7. Saying Thanks:

MarioAna (June 7th, 2017),  Seth (June 19th, 2017)  

Experience

great price indeed.

Experience

Looks like upgrade time is around the corner ... again:
    https://www.amazon.com/Optoma-UHD60-.../dp/B071P6KQZH

Game IDs
    Experience

11. Saying Thanks:

Cyph3r_ZA (August 12th, 2017),  RA1NKING (August 22nd, 2017)  

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19496566676869