Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of the wiiU ?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanbrfc View Post
    Only reason the Wii U was not a success, was because of pricing , and to a lesser extent 3rd party titles.

If the NX follows a similar pattern with pricing, then i can see it going the same way as well.
    No as far as I can tell it was similar and competitively priced to the xbox 360 and ps3. The real deal breaker was lack of 3rd party support and the system was under equiped. With many publishers selling their games 30% completed you need drive space to download the 60% that will be needed to complete the game (yeah that final 10% never happens ). If you are talking about south africa only then there are just a small handful of hardcore fans. I'm pretty sure SA retailers are asking why they even bother trying to stock Nintendo products other than the 3DS.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Xbone - PS4 Pro - Wii U - PS Vita - 3DS - iPad Air - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    No as far as I can tell it was similar and competitively priced to the xbox 360 and ps3. The real deal breaker was lack of 3rd party support and the system was under equiped. With many publishers selling their games 30% completed you need drive space to download the 60% that will be needed to complete the game (yeah that final 10% never happens ). If you are talking about south africa only then there are just a small handful of hardcore fans. I'm pretty sure SA retailers are asking why they even bother trying to stock Nintendo products other than the 3DS.
    Not sure i agree with that entirely buddy. I worked in gaming at one of the retailers, and the general consensus was at the time, that the price was way too steep. Matching it up with Next Gen consoles PS3 or Xbox was silly. Nintendo in general was silly to even go for 3rd party games anyway, and should have kept focus with 1st party games. The whole makeup of Nintendo should have focussed on their own library, rather than trying to port other games on an inferior system.

Nintendo have somewhat lost the very essence that made people love them all those years ago, by moving away from what they do best. They tried way too hard to compete with PS4 and Xbox imo

Gaming Wizard
    Framerate enthusiast
    Game IDs
    Experience

They tried way too hard to compete with PS4 and Xbox imo
    They tried to hard to compete? They didn't try at all. Nintendo's problem is that they exist in a vacuum without any interest of what's going on outside of it's own ecosystem. That's why the WiiU and the Wii failed to capture the interest of the core gamer market.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Strifehart View Post
    They tried to hard to compete? They didn't try at all. Nintendo's problem is that they exist in a vacuum without any interest of what's going on outside of it's own ecosystem. That's why the WiiU and the Wii failed to capture the interest of the core gamer market.
    They did try and they failed. It was a bold move, and the Wii U was an innovative concept. As i said, the market was entrenched in 3rd party gamimg titles, but iy wasnt something Nintendo should have tried to play with. They should have come out with alot more 1st party titles, other than Mario, and the likes.

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Their hardware is always underpowered...so they have to be innovative .....

Experience

Not sure i agree with that entirely buddy. I worked in gaming at one of the retailers, and the general consensus was at the time, that the price was way too steep. Matching it up with Next Gen consoles PS3 or Xbox was silly. Nintendo in general was silly to even go for 3rd party games anyway, and should have kept focus with 1st party games. The whole makeup of Nintendo should have focussed on their own library, rather than trying to port other games on an inferior system.

Nintendo have somewhat lost the very essence that made people love them all those years ago, by moving away from what they do best. They tried way too hard to compete with PS4 and Xbox imo

Wii U is in the same generation as the PS4 and XboxONE . It was more powerful than the PS3/360

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12