Poll: Do You Own a TV/Pay Your TV Licence?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Do You Own a TV/Pay Your TV Licence?

Game IDs
    Experience

You not paying just for TV but radio as well. Pay your TV licenses, I'm tired of watching only up to Season 9 of Vetkoek Paleis.

Game IDs
    Experience

Wow over 40% don't pay that? I'm kinda wondering if I'm in the wrong group now lol xD
    AMD FX8350 | Corsair H90 | Asus Sabertooth 990Fx (R2.0) | 16GB Kingstom HyperX Predator 2666mhz | 128GB Transcend SSD | Antec Truepower Quattro 1200w | Cooler Master Storm Trooper | Gigabyte Windforce R9280x | 6TB Western Digital NAS Storage

Experience

I pay but only because I needed it to buy tv's, so now I am locked in.

Banned
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by lost son View Post
    I pay but only because I needed it to buy tv's, so now I am locked in.
    Ive bought about 5 tv's in last 3 years so it's just easier

Experience

pay your tv license, its the right thing to do

Game IDs
    Experience

Phoned SABC to find out if I could cancel my TV licence because my sister already had one (I didn't know she had one at the time I bought my tv and the licence). They told me that the licence could only be shared between husband/wife. So screw em.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mystre316 View Post
    Phoned SABC to find out if I could cancel my TV licence because my sister already had one (I didn't know she had one at the time I bought my tv and the licence). They told me that the licence could only be shared between husband/wife. So screw em.
    Doesn't one license cover the whole house? I'm pretty sure they're giving you some BS

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Doesn't one license cover the whole house? I'm pretty sure they're giving you some BS
    That is what I phoned to ask about because I knew that for residential licences, you only need one licence per household and you can have multiple TVs under a single licence. I'd believe the SABC would try bs like that to get more money.

Very Senior Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mystre316 View Post
    That is what I phoned to ask about because I knew that for residential licences, you only need one licence per household and you can have multiple TVs under a single licence. I'd believe the SABC would try bs like that to get more money.
    It is BS but is actually how it works. There is an obvious workaround but it's like this in the hope that you cave and just pay them for a new licence. I think being useless and hoping people cave is pretty much their entire collections strategy anyway. The husband/wife thing is actually when you want to transfer an existing TV licence when the current licence holder dies.

From their FAQ's

Q: IS A TELEVISION LICENCE TRANSFERABLE FROM ONE LICENCE HOLDER TO ANOTHER?
    A: No, EXCEPT between spouses or between “life partners” in a permanent relationship sharing the same residence, on the death of a husband/wife or partner.

Q: MAY ONE USE SOMEONE ELSE'S TV LICENCE TO PURCHASE A TELEVISION SET?
    A: NO – one needs one's own licence, unless one is a family member of a licence holder.

Q: WHO ARE REGARDED AS "MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY"?
    A: All persons who are permanently resident with the licence holder and are dependent on him/her and are owed a legal duty of support by the licence holder are covered by the single domestic licence in his/her name. In other words, persons such as adult (non-dependent) children earning their own keep but residing with their parents, elderly parents receiving a pension or own income and living with their adult children, and boarders/lodgers living with a family are separately liable for payment of TV licence fees in respect of television sets in their possession or used by them.
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

How do you go about cancelling your TV licence if you are emigrating to another country? Do you need to provide SABC with proof, etc.? What's the process?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast