Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fibre: Which OpenServe ISP to go with?

Experience

I might consider splitting it after all. Thanks for all the info!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by williegawie View Post
    @XtaCy969 helped me out with this. Did a check and its not active yet, and no ETA from the big T either...
    Williegawie did openserve install the fiber box in your residence as well?

Game IDs
    Experience

@XtaCy696 - Do you have any knowledge about what's going on behind the scenes? Openserve came home to complete the installation only to tell me one of their contractors needs to run fibre from a box in the complex (which is about 5m from my flat) to a box on my balcony before he can do anything more.

Do you know how long this process takes?

Experience

@QuiXilver Unfortunately not, all I can say not to bad mouth Telkom but the process can take as long as any Telkom process :/ Im sure you understand where I am going with this

5. Saying Thanks:

QuiXilver (January 11th, 2017)  

Experience

Must say that Telkom upped their game with my installation. They were very quick to respond and do the installation. There was a problem on the line and I waited till the new year to have it sorted, but as of today I am up and running. Must say the service I received from Telkom and their contractors was excellent.

7. Saying Thanks:

QuiXilver (January 11th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by XtaCy696 View Post
    @QuiXilver Unfortunately not, all I can say not to bad mouth Telkom but the process can take as long as any Telkom process :/ Im sure you understand where I am going with this
    I hope it's quicker. They were great up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by GvR View Post
    Must say that Telkom upped their game with my installation. They were very quick to respond and do the installation. There was a problem on the line and I waited till the new year to have it sorted, but as of today I am up and running. Must say the service I received from Telkom and their contractors was excellent.
    This is a little more reassuring.

ISPAfrika are trying to get me a more concrete answer on what's going on. As much as I hate waiting, I hate not knowing even more.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Herklas View Post
    Williegawie did openserve install the fiber box in your residence as well?
    Nope, just boxes within the complex, (and the complex next door). I did hear from a technician at an office that Telkom is rejecting some of the complex installations because of not enough points being installed. Not sure if its that, but the Telkom call centre told me to go to a branch to get the details.

10. Saying Thanks:

Herklas (January 12th, 2017)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by williegawie View Post
    Nope, just boxes within the complex, (and the complex next door). I did hear from a technician at an office that Telkom is rejecting some of the complex installations because of not enough points being installed. Not sure if its that, but the Telkom call centre told me to go to a branch to get the details.
    Mabe i need to go to the branch as weel, the funny thing is the have installaed the fiber boxes in all the units in our complex, as per webafrica openserve are not done they still need to come install a optical network terminal not sure when that will happen is is taking forever.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Herklas View Post
    Mabe i need to go to the branch as weel, the funny thing is the have installaed the fiber boxes in all the units in our complex, as per webafrica openserve are not done they still need to come install a optical network terminal not sure when that will happen is is taking forever.
    Yup. They "finished" in November already, and while there were busy I asked them when it will be available, and they said 7 December. I was hoping for a fibred Christmas, so I am quite impatient now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345