Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: AMD has Ryzen!

Experience

Yeah I am still not impressed with the gaming benchmarks. Next years model will fix things?
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Xbone - PS4 Pro - Wii U - PS Vita - 3DS - iPad Air - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Cannot wait for the launch and reviews, the price to performance of the 5 series is going to be incredible! (hopefully)

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PlainStack View Post

Cannot wait for the launch and reviews, the price to performance of the 5 series is going to be incredible! (hopefully)
    Well it better be because if AMD messes up it also means that Intel will have no reason to improve.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Well it better be because if AMD messes up it also means that Intel will have no reason to improve.
    We need better competition, Intel has been setting their own prices for too long! I'm sure the launch of Ryzen has given them a lot to think about. We probably won't see anything incredible from Intel this year but I'm sure their next chip will be a big step up as they won't feel comfortable with AMD being so close to them. At the same time AMD now has a new chip that they can make improvements on going forward so very exciting times!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PlainStack View Post
    We need better competition, Intel has been setting their own prices for too long! I'm sure the launch of Ryzen has given them a lot to think about. We probably won't see anything incredible from Intel this year but I'm sure their next chip will be a big step up as they won't feel comfortable with AMD being so close to them. At the same time AMD now has a new chip that they can make improvements on going forward so very exciting times!
    Yet the problem remains that Intel still holds the top and bottom gaming cpus. The i7 7700k is unmatched and AMD still needs an answer to the G4560. Will have to wait and see how Ryzen 5 compares to the i5 series but even a shake up in midrange will have huge consequences.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Hidden Content

6. Saying Thanks:

PlainStack (March 21st, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    Framerate enthusiast
    Game IDs
    Experience

I'm not sure why they keep pairing the 7700K with slower RAM than the Ryzen chips, but either way.

Experience

Could be the board didn't support 3200mhz. The i7 7700k is the same price as the R7 1700 right? What is kinda bothering me with the benchmarks is everyone is claiming they are doing the 1080p benchmarks to cut out bottlenecks but as soon as you head into 1440p and 4k benchmarks the ryzen 7 range starts falling behind a fair bit. So the conclusion remains the same since day 1 doesn't it?

For the best gaming experience, Intel i7 7700k is the best. For best budget gaming experience, Intel Pentium G4560 is the best. What should not be overlooked is that Ryzen 1700 gives i5 gaming performance but productivity of the i7 6800k. Only downside is that its cost is the same is Intels highest end gaming chip. I guess it comes down to your preference in the end.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Hidden Content

Experience

LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Looks like I'll be getting the R5 1500X or 1600, glad I waited instead of going for the i5 7500.

Experience

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast