Thread: Technological slavery

Game IDs
    Experience

Default Technological slavery

Heya

So i am due for a cellphone upgrade and am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S8 which looks really amazing (from the leaked pics and details), and apparently they latest feature that they will have is an Iris scanner. Which sounds awesome but got me thinking about my own personal safety.

With the previous phones you had the fingerprint scanner which was really great, no more passwords just a touch of your finger. And since each and every human has a unique fingerprint it would be near impossible to copy.

So this got me thinking further as what does Samsung do what every individual's details (age, fingerprint, Iris details, medical history etc) ? Once the individual has been linked they can probably have so much confidential information about them.

Does the NSA/CIA/Secret services/FBI have access to this information?
    Do they subsidise technology companies (since they have massive budgets) to provide access to it?
    As an individual what are your rights to personal invasion and how would you know they are doing it?

Its starts to get really scary knowing that you could be monitored every single second, and your rights of freedom have been taken away.

So how do we get out of this system of enslaving ourselves to empower the top hierarchy?
    Is that even possible now?

to end off..

“Withholding information is the essence of tyranny. Control of the flow of information is the tool of the dictatorship.”
    ― Bruce Coville

"The control of information is something the elite always does, particularly in a despotic form of government. Information, knowledge, is power. If you can control information, you can control people. "
    -Tom Clancy

“Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.”
    ― Samuel Johnson

Gaming Wizard
    Husband. Gamer. Hero.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Shhh. They are watching this thread right now... will tell you later.
    Final Fantasy 15 was disappointing. Hype failed me. I am Squirtbird.
    Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    Swear to my bones
    Experience

Honestly, while you might think it's outrageous to think these things, it's not outside the realm of reality. I close the webacam on my laptop (and no, not because Zuckerberg did it ) because a part of me believes that organizations can easily spy on you but with things like ransomware on the rise, you can't be too careful I guess..

I never go too far down the rabbit as you can end in a place where you think the government spiked your samoosa with mind control nanomachines (son). I'm just paranoid enough to not blindly trust everything as being safe.

Very Senior Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

You should be more worried about a spouse hacking your eye out, to read your Whatsapp messages
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

You are right not to trust those sneaky Koreans.

The likes of Apple do this thing completely locally on the device and don't send it anywhere specifically for this reason. And we know Apple will fight the good fight when it comes to freedom of device information.

So you get where I'm going with this...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

6. Saying Thanks:

SPR1NGBOKKE (March 20th, 2017)  

Experience

Pretty much read through the CIA wikileaks dump, Vault 7. They have us all ... Only advantage is unimportant status.

Anyway most people don't seem bothered that there's mass surveillance and manipulation of the populace. Only outrage in numbers and push back would be a start. Sadly only the 'fringe' engages in any of that and they get the worst rep.

Edit - Ransomware and the like will reach another level when the lost CIA cyber Arsenal finally reaches the black hat types. We could get really screwed with hardly any recourse from our service providers and institutions.
    Last edited by Tan365; March 20th, 2017 at 01:30 PM.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    The likes of Apple do this thing completely locally on the device and don't send it anywhere specifically for this reason. And we know Apple will fight the good fight when it comes to freedom of device information.
    That's what they want us to think. Meanwhile they are planning to take over the world with all our data!

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    That's what they want us to think. Meanwhile they are planning to take over the world with all our data!
    They are already at the top of the world so don't really have much motivation there.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."