Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: How to get HDR working on Hisense TV

Very Senior Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    For those that have it, what's the HDR support like on the Hisense, is the image darker?
    Depends on the model. On the K3300UW, it is considerably darker than the KS8500(Only Certified HDR TV I can give a comparison to) even though there is considerable light bleed, especially in the corners. On the M7000 it is much better but still nowhere near as bright as the Samsung.

I have an HDR clip from Panasonic which I put on a USB to test the differences, it is very noticeable but in a real world environment, PS4Pro + Horizon, you barely notice the difference between the two models unless you go looking for it.
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by creemyv View Post
    Depends on the model. On the K3300UW, it is considerably darker than the KS8500(Only Certified HDR TV I can give a comparison to) even though there is considerable light bleed, especially in the corners. On the M7000 it is much better but still nowhere near as bright as the Samsung.
    I Know there was/is a bug in K3300 firmware that when HDR was enabled, the back light never went to 100% by default. Maybe check it out.

Very Senior Member
    *insert thought here*
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Sukkafool View Post
    @AdrianH I sucked it up and installed the SA version again, it's the same as before, no HDR under picture mode.... Also not sure if it's the app or my connection but showmax is a bit of a dog. Takes forever to get to a decent quality whereas Netflix does 1080p quickly, showmax seemed to languish at around 480 for an unreasonably long time. Not sure it even got to 720 before I closed it.
    It's not your TV it is showmax that is just balls to walls terrible. On my Samsung KU7000 it also takes forever to upscale the episode is around 5mins in then it goes Oh nuts there is more bandwidth, lets use it. On the ipad it's the same thing be it LTE or DSL.

Netflix on the other hand I don't even see the upscale since it is just instantly good quality.
    Last edited by nucleous; September 13th, 2017 at 10:56 AM.

4. Saying Thanks:

Sukkafool (September 13th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by creemyv View Post

I have an HDR clip from Panasonic which I put on a USB to test the differences, it is very noticeable but in a real world environment, PS4Pro + Horizon, you barely notice the difference between the two models unless you go looking for it.
    Thanks, but that's not what I was refering to. What I want to know is, do you find a game like Horizon Zero Dawn significantly darker when played in HDR than in SDR on the same Hisense model? Just trying to get a handle on their EOTF roll-off since they seem to be continously tinkering with it (graphs looked poor to begin with but now much better, was wondering if the adjustment applied to all their models).

EDIT: I see their latest models feature an HDR Night and HDR Day mode, so that's a big bonus.
    Last edited by KenMasters; September 13th, 2017 at 11:05 AM.

Very Senior Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    I Know there was/is a bug in K3300 firmware that when HDR was enabled, the back light never went to 100% by default. Maybe check it out.
    I think that might have been on an earlier FW, definitely goes to 100% on the current (EU)firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Thanks, but that's not what I was refering to. What I want to know is, do you find a game like Horizon Zero Dawn significantly darker when played in HDR than in SDR on the same Hisense model? Just trying to get a handle on their EOTF roll-off since they seem to be continously tinkering with it (graphs looked poor to begin with but now much better, was wondering if the adjustment applied to all their models).

EDIT: I see their latest models feature an HDR Night and HDR Day mode, so that's a big bonus.
    Can't say that it is very noticeably darker when played in HDR on the M7000. Never really tried Horizon in SDR on the K3300 so wouldn't be able to comment about that model.
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

7. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (September 13th, 2017)  

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789