Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How to get HDR working on Hisense TV

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    FRC is not something you add via firmware, it's just a part of how the panel functions. An 8 bit display in terms of greyscale performance might actually be using a native 6 bit panel, but nevertheless it's 8 bit due to how it's drive (FRC). I think the confusing bit here is that people confuse bit depth with colour gamut, these two things are separate, an 8 bit panel is capable of a range of colour gamuts, it's the greyscale levels that are limited.
    What's your opinion of this regarding my TV? As in what he is saying about calibrating? Also, what does he mean about the grey scale and colour errors?

Ok apologies for the delay but here's my HD settings that can also be used for 4K without HDR. I haven't had time to redo the HDR settings as yet as to be honest the weather's been too good to sit in a dark room
    Picture mode - Cinema
    Brightness - 50
    Contrast - 45
    Colour Saturation - 40
    Backlight - DBC - Off and Backlight at 25
    Tint - 0
    Sharpness - 0
    Adaptive Contrast - Off
    Colour temp - Warm
    Noise Reduction - Off
    Ultra Smooth Motion - Off
    Colour Tuner
    Red - H0, S2, BE
    Green - H2, S1, B1
    Blue - H-(minus) 1, S3, B -1
    Yellow - H-1, SO, B0
    Cyan - H0, B4, S-1
    Magenta - H0, S1, B1
    Ignore flesh tone as no way of measuring it

White Balance:
    Red Offset +9
    Green Offset 0
    Blue Offset -2
    Red Gain +1
    Green Gain 0
    Blue Gain -3

Please use them if you wish. You will probably go d the picture a little "dark" at first probably lacking a little "pop" that you may be used to.
    All i can say that using my eye-one pro and Chromapure 3 these readings have very accurate results with the grey scale error (dE) under 2 from black to white and the colours are all pretty much under 4 with the errors.
    Last edited by AdrianH; April 20th, 2017 at 05:20 PM.

Game IDs
    Experience

I don't know your TV, but looking at the settings they look like they could be right. You could confirm them yourself using the AVSHD calibration disc though (your TV should have an RGB mode somewhere to check Colour Saturation).

The White Balance and Colour Management settings are useless to you though, as they differ from set to set.

Experience

I don't know your TV, but looking at the settings they look like they could be right. You could confirm them yourself using the AVSHD calibration disc though.

The White Balance and Colour Management settings are useless to you though, as they differ from set to set.
    Thanks

What do the errors mean he mentions?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    Thanks

What do the errors mean he mentions?
    Delta E denotes the degree of error. Anything under three is good, above three is appreciable to the eye.

Looking again at the figures he posted, does the Contrast only go up to 50? Because if it goes up to 100, that's not right. You can pump the Contrast quite high on an LCD, as much as 100% in some cases.

Experience

Delta E denotes the degree of error. Anything under three is good, above three is appreciable to the eye.

Looking again at the figures he posted, does the Contrast only go up to 50? Because if it goes up to 100, that's not right. You can pump the Contrast quite high on an LCD, as much as 100% in some cases.
    The contrast, brightness, saturation and backlight all go from 0 to 100.

My backlight is normally around 50 except in HDR mode when it automatically jumps to 100.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    The contrast, brightness, saturation and backlight all go from 0 to 100.

My backlight is normally around 50 except in HDR mode when it automatically jumps to 100.
    Yea, then his Contrast suggestion isn't right. Rather go through it yourself with AVSHD - consult the PDF download on the same page and check the video tutorials on the disc to find out how to go about it.

Experience

Just some info for you guys.

I ran some basic input lag tests on my 55K3300. I used the following:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.ph...ction=showfull

I took 5 photos on STANDARD and GAME mode.

Standard Mode was between 50ms to 100ms, so let's approximate/average at 75ms.
    Game mode was between 20ms and 50ms, so let's approximate/average at 35ms.

This is just an approximation, but I guess it's good enough for us average TV users. I recall reading that 40ms or less is good for gaming. I tested on HDMI1 and HDMI2, also bypassing my amp. My XB is connected to amp and then amp to tv. Not sure how much additional lag this will introduce. Maybe I'll test via amp next and see if there is significant difference.

Experience

Hisense ZA has finally added software patches to the support section of their website .... check it out at the link below.

http://www.hisense.co.za/software

Blah Blah Fishpaste.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LegionZA View Post
    Hisense ZA has finally added software patches to the support section of their website .... check it out at the link below.

Question is How recent are these , do they contain the HDR functionality that everyone was after? Has anyone tested any of these patches yet?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LegionZA View Post

These have been there for weeks already and what do you know. They are in the wrong file format

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast