Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life is Strange sequel in the works

Experience

Default Life is Strange sequel in the works

Life is Strange sequel in the works

Life is Strange 2? Life is Stranger? Life is Stranger Things? The sequel to the amazing Life is Strange has been confirmed.

Game IDs
    Experience

2 Life is Stranger Things V.2 Revised.

I never played this. Have I missed out?

Addicted Member
    “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN View Post
    2 Life is Stranger Things V.2 Revised.

I never played this. Have I missed out?
    No, its very teenage drama and the ending is kak

Although... I didn't hate it completely and the soundtrack was good
    Seek and you shall find! Hidden Content

4. Saying Thanks:

nykfist (May 19th, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Game IDs
    Experience

Very complex game dealing with difficult subject matter that is very intelligently communicated throughout the game in unique and interesting ways. The game really does a great job with the atmosphere and puts you in the mindset of the main character with great attention to detail.

It's not perfect but it is good, and it's quite unique, and there are certain sections that made me think deeply in ways that no game has ever really asked of me. I can only imagine the kind of impression it likely made on it's intended target audience. After all, it did leave an impression on me and I'm not really one for these emotional dramas directed at teenage girls, but it's all executed so well that I couldn't help but be impressed at times. And that Mogwai section really kicked it up a few notches for me too.

6. Saying Thanks:

ElectroMoe (May 19th, 2017),  Snakey_ZA (July 10th, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    786| M.U.F.C
    Game IDs
    Experience

Interested in playing the first one...

Addicted Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nykfist View Post
    Very complex game dealing with difficult subject matter that is very intelligently communicated throughout the game in unique and interesting ways. The game really does a great job with the atmosphere and puts you in the mindset of the main character with great attention to detail.

It's not perfect but it is good, and it's quite unique, and there are certain sections that made me think deeply in ways that no game has ever really asked of me. I can only imagine the kind of impression it likely made on it's intended target audience. After all, it did leave an impression on me and I'm not really one for these emotional dramas directed at teenage girls, but it's all executed so well that I couldn't help but be impressed at times. And that Mogwai section really kicked it up a few notches for me too.
    Didn't you think the ending was kak though?

Experience

I really loved it.

Great story, great soundtrack, interesting characters and engaging themes.
    The long wait between episodes kinda sucked though, especially the 3 month wait between Ep4 and 5 after episode 4 finished on a super interesting cliffhanger.

The ending could've been expanded though. Although I was happy with what I ended up with, many people got the shorter ending which appeared kinda rushed.

It's highly likely the new game will feature a new cast, so its a bit of a clean slate for them.
    Interested in seeing how they keep the game fresh and interesting without abandoning the themes and unique aspects that made the first game so great.

10. Saying Thanks:

ElectroMoe (May 19th, 2017),  nykfist (May 19th, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheSource View Post
    Didn't you think the ending was kak though?
    Yeah. Can't even remember it that well, so I guess it couldn't have been that great. I remember saving her and then they both drive off. I could've used a longer, more detailed conclusion to what was really a pretty long story

Addicted Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nykfist View Post
    Yeah. Can't even remember it that well, so I guess it couldn't have been that great. I remember saving her and then they both drive off. I could've used a longer, more detailed conclusion to what was really a pretty long story
    To be honest, I was quite invested in it in the beginning and I did enjoy the story. I found that some of the conversation was a bit long and boring though and I did not enjoy repeating events over and over. If you had asked me before the last episode, I probably would have enjoyed it but that hide and seek bit at the end irritated me considerably and then the hollow pointless endings just ruined it for me. Especially when you consider all your decisions so carefully and meanwhile they have no real baring on the outcome.
    Last edited by TheSource; May 19th, 2017 at 09:40 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Now drop on the deck and flop like a fish
    Experience

I liked the idea of the first one, even if you had the option of undoing something you did it might still not be the right decision. It took me through an emotional ride and I enjoyed the game but the last chapter started very good, but after the first sequence it went down hill really fast and hard amd felt like a chore to complete and while each chapters end felt like...wow/gasp... I chose the other option than nykfist did at the end but the game ending just felt bland wnd unsurprising nor did it make me think for more than a second if I shouldve taken the other option.

14. Saying Thanks:

TheSource (May 20th, 2017)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast