Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Netflix - Hidden gems and recommendations

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by G4rf13lt ZA View Post
    Designated Survivor is probably in my top 10 of all time. So much plot twists that make me go "holy s*^t I did not see that coming".
    From an interesting premise and strong start, this show progressively lost its way, imo.
    The actors were doing their best to deliver progressively sillier scenes while maintaining very serious expressions. By the end it was so unintentionally funny that it was almost worth watching it as a type of parody.

2. Saying Thanks:

DaseinZA (September 11th, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by G4rf13lt ZA View Post
    Designated Survivor is probably in my top 10 of all time. So much plot twists that make me go "holy s*^t I did not see that coming".
    In that case I worry about you because I saw the vast majority of them coming a mile away.

It’s predictability is all I didn’t really like.

Otherwise it was decent but no House of Cards as it tried to be but failed later on.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Oupa
    DYEL?
    Experience

Just finished watching first season of Atypical. Very enjoyable, funny, sad and mad all in one!
    would definitely recommend.

5. Saying Thanks:

Coldcat (September 11th, 2017),  cowbrains (September 11th, 2017),  DaseinZA (September 11th, 2017),  SLYGUY (August 12th, 2017)  

Super Moderator
    Best Mod 2010 + 2011
    "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

If you guys liked Making a Murderer then I highly recommend watching the series The Confession Tapes

Very good.

7. Saying Thanks:

DaseinZA (September 11th, 2017),  SLYGUY (September 11th, 2017),  SPR1NGBOKKE (September 11th, 2017)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Coldcat View Post
    If you guys liked Making a Murderer then I highly recommend watching the series The Confession Tapes

Very good.
    Lol. I literally came to this thread to post exactly what you did. The pilot had me completely hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    Just finished watching first season of Atypical. Very enjoyable, funny, sad and mad all in one!
    would definitely recommend.
    The trailer got me very interested,. I'm going to start watching as soon as I finish the new season of Bojack (very disappointing imo). I think Netflix is really on a role with creating awareness and acceptance around mental health issues. On that topic, I'll recommend the Netflix movie To the Bone. I think it portrayed the stigmas and hard issues around eating disorders really well, while still being an enjoyable movie.

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZA View Post
    From an interesting premise and strong start, this show progressively lost its way, imo.
    The actors were doing their best to deliver progressively sillier scenes while maintaining very serious expressions. By the end it was so unintentionally funny that it was almost worth watching it as a type of parody.
    I also found this to be the case, so I stopped watching about halfway through season 1. Somehow I just couldn't shake the feeling that it was a Zuckerberg-funded pro-NSA series to get us all complacent with government surveillance. Bring out the tinfoil hats!
    Last edited by DaseinZA; September 12th, 2017 at 05:01 PM.

9. Saying Thanks:

GAZZA (September 11th, 2017),  SLYGUY (September 11th, 2017),  SPR1NGBOKKE (September 11th, 2017),  Vanilla (September 11th, 2017)  

Addicted Member
    Bad teddy, BAD TEDDY!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Very good.
    It was awesome, just a pity there were only 6 episodes
    Hidden Content

[SIZE]If you close your eyes, your life, a naked truth revealed. Dreams you've never lived and scars never healed...In the darkness light will take you to the other side, find me waiting, you will see if you just close your eyes..."[/SIZE]

Addicted Member
    Bad teddy, BAD TEDDY!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Wynonna Earp i found pretty good!
    Hidden Content

[SIZE]If you close your eyes, your life, a naked truth revealed. Dreams you've never lived and scars never healed...In the darkness light will take you to the other side, find me waiting, you will see if you just close your eyes..."[/SIZE]

Super Moderator
    Best Mod 2010 + 2011
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by DaseinZA View Post
    Lol. I literally came to this thread to post exactly what you did. The pilot had me completely hooked.

First episode was amazing. I mean it kept you guessing.

what was your views on the first 2 part episode?

I mean it was pretty dodge their alibi with the restaurants and movies, ordering just a salad? that felt odd, but the evidence that the police ignored was insane. Felt sorry for the guys in the end. If I was in their shoes with that "Mr Big" sting I'd say anything to impress them (Trying to put myself in their shoes of course), I mean think about it, you going down a dangerous path with a big crime lord. You really want to say you didn't do it?

Super Moderator
    Best Mod 2010 + 2011
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Snakepit View Post
    It was awesome, just a pity there were only 6 episodes
    Thought it as 7 stories, so assumed it was least 8 eps. I've only seen the first 3 stories so far.

Experience

First episode was amazing. I mean it kept you guessing.

what was your views on the first 2 part episode?
    I haven't watched it yet varsity has been grim AF the past two weeks.

And just in case this hasn't been posted earlier in the thread, there are lots of other genres that are 'hidden' from your Netflix library. Have a look at this site for example: https://netflixcodes.me/
    Last edited by DaseinZA; September 12th, 2017 at 05:06 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast