Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: The death of PSVR

  1. #91
    Super Moderator Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    17,257
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BouNc3r_ZA View Post
    They HAVE to make the PS5 backwards compatible. It would be such a stupid move if they don't.

    It's ironic, I had my 360 for all games and used PS3 for exclusives only. Now I have a PS4, no XB1 and seems like Sony is busy messing over their clients where as at launch of PS4 they won everyone over.

    I wonder though if the announcement of this new VR unit will actually put people off from buying one. Why buy one now if in LESS THAN A YEAR they bring out a new one?.... I would be pissed if I invested R6000 in one only for a new one to come out so soon. Will see what the Paris event and PSX has in store.
    How can you be angry at progress ?

    I dont get it .....

    1. It was obvious new versions will come
    2. This happens with every tech
    3. How do you expect things to move forward

  2. Saying Thanks:

    DrJ (October 2nd, 2017)  

  3. #92
    Senior Member BouNc3r_ZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somerset West
    Posts
    197
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    How can you be angry at progress ?

    I dont get it .....

    1. It was obvious new versions will come
    2. This happens with every tech
    3. How do you expect things to move forward
    No no, not angry at progress. Not at all

    I'm always happy to see new tech (especially as a tech junkie).

    However, it's a relatively small improvement over the old PSVR. I'd prefer them to hold off and improve even more to release one a bit later on if that makes sense?

    That being said, I've only tried PSVR at events and haven't spent quality time with it so I don't actually know how it'll affect me. I was perfectly fine when playing Rigs and Heist for around 30mins or so.

    But I'm keen to try horror games (RE7) as it'll be the main reason I'd invest in one, especially since I got the PS4 Pro recently.

  4. Saying Thanks:

    Viking (October 2nd, 2017)  

  5. #93
    Senior Member DrJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    657
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    How can you be angry at progress ?

    I dont get it .....

    1. It was obvious new versions will come
    2. This happens with every tech
    3. How do you expect things to move forward

    I just recently got my VR and am in now way upset by this announcement. Your points are spot on, I do not have a pro or 4k TV so the HDR does not affect me and I have never used the earphone jack on the VR as I use my wireless instead. Hardware will always improve so I I already decided to hang on for the PS5 instead of getting caught up in all the hype and buying up at every new improvement that comes out.


  6. Saying Thanks:

    Viking (October 2nd, 2017)  

  7. #94
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    22,762
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BouNc3r_ZA View Post
    They HAVE to make the PS5 backwards compatible. It would be such a stupid move if they don't.

    It's ironic, I had my 360 for all games and used PS3 for exclusives only. Now I have a PS4, no XB1 and seems like Sony is busy messing over their clients where as at launch of PS4 they won everyone over.

    I wonder though if the announcement of this new VR unit will actually put people off from buying one. Why buy one now if in LESS THAN A YEAR they bring out a new one?.... I would be pissed if I invested R6000 in one only for a new one to come out so soon. Will see what the Paris event and PSX has in store.
    Nah it being a minor revision it’s hardly something to feel hard done by if you already have one.

    And it sorts some of the issues out while adding others. Which ironically someone who hasn’t owned one wouldn’t even have noticed.

    But I am starting to dislike Sony’s treatment of their customers more and more.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  8. #95
    Senior Member BouNc3r_ZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somerset West
    Posts
    197
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Nah it being a minor revision it’s hardly something to feel hard done by if you already have one.

    And it sorts some of the issues out while adding others. Which ironically someone who hasn’t owned one wouldn’t even have noticed.

    But I am starting to dislike Sony’s treatment of their customers more and more.
    I don't like it either.

    It does seems like it's not a massive upgrade. Would the current PSVR be worth it at a discounted rate though? Say a Black Friday deal at around R4 000? Although I doubt it'll be that low but since the upgrade isn't exactly PSVR Pro or 2.0 as expected, I'd be keen to pick up the current model at a cheaper price.

  9. #96
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    22,762
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BouNc3r_ZA View Post
    I don't like it either.

    It does seems like it's not a massive upgrade. Would the current PSVR be worth it at a discounted rate though? Say a Black Friday deal at around R4 000? Although I doubt it'll be that low but since the upgrade isn't exactly PSVR Pro or 2.0 as expected, I'd be keen to pick up the current model at a cheaper price.
    It's purely a convenience (and could cause some inconvenience) upgrade to the headset so in reality the "old" one will be the better deal if the price is right.

    Unless you have an HDR TV + PS Pro or plan to get one soon the old one will be just fine.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  10. #97
    Senior Member Space_Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    203
    Experience

    Default

    Well Bamco has not written off the PSVR yet, with Extra Live Goods Set 1 'Viewing Revolution' for $59.99. A Bargain. (NOT). Hehe.

  11. #98
    Senior Member BouNc3r_ZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somerset West
    Posts
    197
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Nah it being a minor revision it’s hardly something to feel hard done by if you already have one.

    And it sorts some of the issues out while adding others. Which ironically someone who hasn’t owned one wouldn’t even have noticed.

    But I am starting to dislike Sony’s treatment of their customers more and more.
    Have you tried GT Sport with PSVR? I see BT will have a sale locally with PSVR, Camera, VR Worlds and GT Sport for R5699. Not a bad deal since GT just came out. Very keen on it however, with Black Friday around the corner I'm not sure what we'll see there.

  12. #99
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    22,762
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Nah my interest in GT sport has steadily waned over time.

    Even with VR support I would need to try it in a demo or something first.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  13. #100
    Senior Member BouNc3r_ZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somerset West
    Posts
    197
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Nah my interest in GT sport has steadily waned over time.

    Even with VR support I would need to try it in a demo or something first.
    Thanks! Since the sale is at a gaming event in Cape Town, maybe they'll have a demo of GT in VR. Still want to get PSVR though as there is a decent library of games now and that's not a bad deal at all.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •