Thread: MWeb fibre any good?

Game IDs
    Experience

Default MWeb fibre any good?

Hi guys,

Recently had Fibrehoods install fibre to our area.

Being a cheapskate, i dont want to pay the 2700 odd that most ISPs charge for installation to the house and activation fees etc.

MWeb does all that free of charge if you stick with them for 24 months.

So now my question - Are any of you guys existing customers of theirs? Is their fibre any good?

Looking at a 20/2 capped line (so i dont get shaped as much).

Thanks
    Hidden Content

Consoles: Xbox One | Xbox 360 | Original Xbox | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | PSone | PSVita | Playstation TV | PSP 1000 | PSP 2000 | Sega Dreamcast | Sega Megadrive | Sega Megadrive 2 | Sega CD 2 | Sega Master System 2 | Sega Game Gear | Nintendo Wii | Nintendo 3DS | Nintendo DSi XL | Nintendo DS Lite | Super NES | Famiclone | Nintendo Gameboy | Nintendo Gameboy Color | Nintendo Gameboy Advance | Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP | Atari 2600 | Teleplay Pong Clone

Experience

I have 100mb with them for 200gb day and 200gb night use. I think Axxess has the better deal with 400GB anytime and unlimited from 12am-6am.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Xbone - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    I have 100mb with them for 200gb day and 200gb night use. I think Axxess has the better deal with 400GB anytime and unlimited from 12am-6am.
    Sadly i cant go with Axxess, theyre not on the list of ISPs that will install on my Fibrehoods (Vumatel) backbone.
    Hidden Content

Consoles: Xbox One | Xbox 360 | Original Xbox | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | PSone | PSVita | Playstation TV | PSP 1000 | PSP 2000 | Sega Dreamcast | Sega Megadrive | Sega Megadrive 2 | Sega CD 2 | Sega Master System 2 | Sega Game Gear | Nintendo Wii | Nintendo 3DS | Nintendo DSi XL | Nintendo DS Lite | Super NES | Famiclone | Nintendo Gameboy | Nintendo Gameboy Color | Nintendo Gameboy Advance | Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP | Atari 2600 | Teleplay Pong Clone

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Danele Roux View Post
    Sadly i cant go with Axxess, theyre not on the list of ISPs that will install on my Fibrehoods (Vumatel) backbone.
    I know how u feel .I'm in exactly the same boat..I'm with axxess but had to move to afrihost due to fibrehoods\vumatel doing the installation..was very happy with axxess tbh

Experience

I used to be with Mweb a few years back.. always had good connectivity..
    You can go look on my website (Fibre Tiger) to see which other ISPs are available and there pricing