Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Best LTE Deal?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cdaddy View Post
    That would be perfect. However I do not do contracts and would only ever sign up for a month to month contract. If needed I would simply buy the router cash.
    RAIN website says I am not covered. They dont show a map.

Mweb website shows I am 3 meters out of the covered area... I am sure I could connect? I am on the second floor looking down at the area I am out of a few meters away.

Telkom shows I am covered.
    Most of the RAIN deals are month to month. Currently Afrihost, Axxess and MWEB are all offering free router deals.

You could still be covered, but the speeds might not be optimal. Best to check with someone who already has a RAIN account to come test by your place.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cdaddy
    That would be perfect. However I do not do contracts and would only ever sign up for a month to month contract. If needed I would simply buy the router cash.
    RAIN website says I am not covered. They dont show a map.

Mweb website shows I am 3 meters out of the covered area... I am sure I could connect? I am on the second floor looking down at the area I am out of a few meters away.

Telkom shows I am covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbrains View Post
    Most of the RAIN deals are month to month. Currently Afrihost, Axxess and MWEB are all offering free router deals.

You could still be covered, but the speeds might not be optimal. Best to check with someone who already has a RAIN account to come test by your place.
    If you want RAIN, get it done before the end of the month. They're stopping the Double Data promo at the end of November.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by proze View Post
    If you want RAIN, get it done before the end of the month. They're stopping the Double Data promo at the end of November.
    Ja I saw that.
    I called Mweb and the guy said they have customers outside of the zones who do still get LTE and some with even good speeds but there is no way they would be able to tell me.
    The issue is I do not know anyone that is on LTE that I can ask to come and check if it works from my place.
    So this would be taking a blind luck chance. That would mean quite a bit of costs if it does not work.

I am getting desperate and considering just moving.

Sadly, in South Africa it is easier to move to another house that has ADSL/Fibre already installed than it is to get Telkom to repair the fault you have where you are.
    It may very well go this route for me.
    IF YOU WANT TO BE SOMEONE ELSE, CHANGE YOUR MIND.

4. Saying Thanks:

yarik11 (November 27th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

What is this tower I see from my window? Only a cellular one or does that also have LTE on it?

20171125_080415_HDR.jpg
    IF YOU WANT TO BE SOMEONE ELSE, CHANGE YOUR MIND.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cdaddy View Post
    What is this tower I see from my window? Only a cellular one or does that also have LTE on it?

20171125_080415_HDR.jpg
    A xmas tree

7. Saying Thanks:

Cdaddy (November 25th, 2017),  Diego_1za (November 27th, 2017),  Neptune (November 27th, 2017),  STORMERSFAN (November 26th, 2017),  VeiledWarlock (November 25th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

What is the best current LTE-A uncapped deal, month to month only? If there is such a thing.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by vir0 View Post
    What is the best current LTE-A uncapped deal, month to month only? If there is such a thing.
    I dont think there is any LTE uncapped deals at the moment. I have the telkom LTE uncapped deal which they ran awhile ago at R599 and R799

Gaming Wizard
    ..XV..
    Game IDs
    Experience

Just a question on 'fixed wireless' offerings. Are they really fixed as in I won't be able to take it with me on vacation? Why can't you use a fixed wireless sim in a phone?
    <<Final Fantasy XV>>

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by HookX View Post
    Just a question on 'fixed wireless' offerings. Are they really fixed as in I won't be able to take it with me on vacation? Why can't you use a fixed wireless sim in a phone?
    You can move them around although with the RAIN network and offerings. The sim only works in certain Router Models, so you cant pop them into your phone, but i know the Telkom deals you can use them on any device

12. Saying Thanks:

HookX (January 5th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by vaas213 View Post
    Attachment 88823

Dis right here sounds Awesome..
    I just started using this deal this month. Getting really good speeds and R50 to update and download all my games is quite a deal. Thanks for this

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast