Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Recently played/purchased

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    Final packages for 2017 finally arrived after two weeks.

I hope to be taking both Azul and Dragon's Hoard on holiday with me.

Additionally, I made another insert, this time for Istanbul. Still not altogether pleased with the results - I am not very good at making rabbet or bevel cuts yet so it's still quite rough. Also I should never build things while under the influence - it looked straight at the time, but it's really quite skew.

Thinking back now, I would have made less separate boxes, instead I should have made a big tray with several compartments. It would have been cleaner and used less foam board
    Both games i really want - now i’ll wait for some impressions from you first.
    @Buffel: would Pandemic Legacy need to be permanently set up until you’re done with the game? Thinking of taking it along on holiday, should have at least a 4-player count then, but want to make sure it can be packed up between sessions first.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalcon View Post
    @abev - how is Hive? Have been on my radar a while.
    My mate plays it with his 9 year old quite regularly. They love it. The student now regularly beats the teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtFiddler View Post
    Will do.

This weekend I played Imhotep and I really like it. I will happily bring it to the table at any time. The merchanics are simple (you can probably teach it 5-10 mins), it plays relatively fast, and there's some strategy to it. We only played it as a 2-player but with 3 or 4 players, it has the potential to be very mean.

3. Saying Thanks:

SgtFiddler (December 19th, 2017)  

Experience

My humble Xmas spread came via family from the Us... the new Dominion base cards that you can use to update the 1st ed set, plus the 4 player expansion for game of thrones (2nd ed). ��

5068300C-AE7E-4A98-9C18-DA54617C192A.jpg

5. Saying Thanks:

onelargeprawn (December 26th, 2017),  SgtFiddler (December 26th, 2017),  Transformer09 (January 8th, 2018)  

Experience

We got to play blood rage and terraforming mars at nexus today - 2 great games!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Gavmeek View Post
    We got to play blood rage and terraforming mars at nexus today - 2 great games!
    Is it where AWX/Outer Limits is?
    Been delaying my Blood Rage purchase. I know i’m getting it - just a matter of when.

Experience

Is it where AWX/Outer Limits is?
    Been delaying my Blood Rage purchase. I know i’m getting it - just a matter of when.
    According to CCC (https://camelcamelcamel.com/CMON-BLR...context=search), Blood Rage was $42 at its cheapest back in April of this year. Perhaps it may get a price drop in the new year?

Next year I must get a hold of Orleans. I contacted Raru about it and they seem to think its OOP.

9. Saying Thanks:

SgtFiddler (December 30th, 2017)  

Experience

Yep it’s the new building in Randburg- our group is loving Blood Rage! Feels like the drafting of 7 Wonders, mixed up with a big brawl and area control on a map - Plus you get a bit of that big war game, but takes only an hour and a half to play!

11. Saying Thanks:

SgtFiddler (December 30th, 2017)  

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

@Buffel: would Pandemic Legacy need to be permanently set up until you’re done with the game? Thinking of taking it along on holiday, should have at least a 4-player count then, but want to make sure it can be packed up between sessions first.
    Oops. Been away on holiday myself, so only saw this now. I assume by this time you've answered that question for yourself.

13. Saying Thanks:

SgtFiddler (January 8th, 2018)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Buffel View Post
    Oops. Been away on holiday myself, so only saw this now. I assume by this time you've answered that question for yourself.
    No worries, decided not to bring it along which in retrospect was the right choice - we would never have been able to finish it.

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

Bought this some time ago, with all the available expansions as well (not pictured). I love this game - have at least 20 plays on it, characters currently Lv 3 with about 46 xp. It’s hard but oh so satisfying.

I see Raru is pushing this game. 35% off at the moment:

https://raru.co.za/boards-dice/61397...fire-card-game

I should probably get in on that.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223 LastLast