Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Considering a 8700k build

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    CL stock is very very limited. Might not be enough by black friday
    Yeah I know, but I am a patient man. I don't mind getting everything else in the meantime. My only fear is the stock shortages will push the price up (Looking at you RX Vega). But yeah, that i5 8600k being only R300 more than a 1600x means Ryzen is dead and buried when it comes to gaming imho. We all knew the 8700k would be the new king, but the real winner here is that 8600k i5 in my book. I just hope prices stay decent and the stock thing gets better. PC parts are in real high demand these days. PC Hardware seems to be booming like never before.

Addicted Member
    Need to sleep
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    Yeah I know, but I am a patient man. I don't mind getting everything else in the meantime. My only fear is the stock shortages will push the price up (Looking at you RX Vega). But yeah, that i5 8600k being only R300 more than a 1600x means Ryzen is dead and buried when it comes to gaming imho. We all knew the 8700k would be the new king, but the real winner here is that 8600k i5 in my book. I just hope prices stay decent and the stock thing gets better. PC parts are in real high demand these days. PC Hardware seems to be booming like never before.
    Theres a big price difference in boards also.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    Theres a big price difference in boards also.
    Yeah. But I have learnt to never skimp on a board. The only reason my 2500K is still good nearly 7 years later is because I splashed on an ASUS ROG Maximus back in the day. Gigabyte Aorus will be the one I am going for. I know it's pricey, but it still fits into my budget. This is also a good thing about waiting a while for new tech to find it's feet. I do feel the boards are becoming a rip off though. That GODLIKE board is nearly 10k. I mean seriously? WHY!?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    Yeah. But I have learnt to never skimp on a board. The only reason my 2500K is still good nearly 7 years later is because I splashed on an ASUS ROG Maximus back in the day. Gigabyte Aorus will be the one I am going for. I know it's pricey, but it still fits into my budget. This is also a good thing about waiting a while for new tech to find it's feet. I do feel the boards are becoming a rip off though. That GODLIKE board is nearly 10k. I mean seriously? WHY!?
    Skimping on a board will bite you in the end but over spending is just as bad. I never fully used my Rampage 4 Extreme. I had tons of spare expansion slots, sata ports and usb ports out the whazoo. But prior to that I had an base intel P55 board, can't remember the model number, that suited my needs until I needed USB 3.0 ports.

The reason I decided against going for the MSI gaming M5 on the Z370 was because the SLI plus has everything I need and the vrm/choke count is the same. So it would be pointless for me to splash money on the non-extras. Both have 2 m.2 slots.

The godlike obviously has a lot more vrms with 3 m.2 slots and shielding for all 3 m.2 slots.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Xbone - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

There are rare occasions where some boards just perform worse than others, I remember the old MSI Z97 Krait was consistently last in some gaming tests. I'd feel uncomfortable buying into any Z370 if Z390 is as close as some speculate and if it could offer performance benefits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123