Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PS5 release date, news and rumours and everything we know - Trusted Reviews:

Gaming Wizard
    ..XV..
    Game IDs
    Experience

E3 2019 tease. Playstation Experience 2019 announcement, E3 2020 release date announcement. End 2020 release..
    <<Final Fantasy XV>>

2. Saying Thanks:

JoE (October 13th, 2017),  Neo68_za (October 13th, 2017)  

Experience

Got a pro on launch last year so I'm still fine hopefully we only see the PS5 end 2019 sometime in 2020 and it will have to be something spectacular for me to get it on day one.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    Yeah but:

GT6 sold 3.33 million units, by far the worst selling in the franchise. GT5 sold over 10 million.
    GoW: Ascention sold 2.25 million. 1, 2 and 3 all sold over 4 million.
    Beyond: Two Souls 1.63 mil. Heavy Rain over 3 mil.
    Sly: 0.5 mil (ouch).

The Last of Us bucks the trend with 5.9 on PS3 and 5.6 on PS4, but i'm betting that had to do with it simply being an astonishingly good game that got some amazing PR.

Also, i wouldn't consider those normal major titles for the following reasons:

GT5's overlong develpoment meant that Sony were always going to struggle to fit 2 mainline GT games into the gen, like they had done every other gen, so it came right at the back end and suffered.

GoW:A was a change to the series with online multiplayer and seemed to be a bit of an experiment.

Beyond was always going to be fairly niche.

Sly lol.

The Last of Us was a new IP, which is always tough to predict but certainly turned out to be the exception.

Sony are not going to sacrifice sales of sure fire big hits in TLoU2 and GoW4, especially when the console is selling the way it is right now and those games sure to boost sales. Next year could be the PS4's peak sales year.
    Spot on, but to reiterate, if the PS5 has backwards compatibility then it will diminish the risks pertaining to the sales of TLoU2, GoW4 and the likes. Still would be a ridiculous business move from Sony after making so many smart decisions from 2013 onwards, but if the PS4 had to release in 2018 it would only be because of backwards compatibility.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Would wind up a lot of folks who bought the pro so can't see it
    I honestly don't get this mindset .... who in their right minds will hate on progress

I stand by my saying .... you happily change phones every 2 years but cry over incremental console revisions

Does not compute

6. Saying Thanks:

IbiE (October 12th, 2017),  nykfist (October 13th, 2017),  SPR1NGBOKKE (October 19th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I honestly don't get this mindset .... who in their right minds will hate on progress

I stand by my saying .... you happily change phones every 2 years but cry over incremental console revisions

Does not compute
    You've just spent the better part of $500 on an upgrade only to be told it's being made redundant in less then two years. I know if I was in that position I would be seriously pissed

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    You've just spent the better part of $500 on an upgrade only to be told it's being made redundant in less then two years. I know if I was in that position I would be seriously pissed
    How is it being made redundant? Are they going to suddenly stop publishing games for the PS4/Pro?

You still get people having great fun off of just PS3 games, but that console was supposedly made redundant four years ago. The only thing that makes it "redundant" is our want to have the latest and greatest. Heck, I still enjoy the occasional PS3 game.

When I bought my Pro I didn't ask Sony to pledge not to release a console in a few years time. $500 dollars over 2 years of great entertainment comes to $21 a month. No complaints from my side.

9. Saying Thanks:

nykfist (October 13th, 2017),  Viking (October 12th, 2017)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post

Does not compute
    To be fair, in modern society a phone is the source to ALL the information we need and do not need. It's our cameras, our maps, our banks, our newspapers, our taxi finders, our business communicators, our networking mediums etc... It's with us basically 24/7 for good reason.

It makes sense to upgrade your phone more frequently than a machine you only play games on.

11. Saying Thanks:

JoE (October 13th, 2017),  Viking (October 12th, 2017)  

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by predatorx9 View Post
    To be fair, in modern society a phone is the source to ALL the information we need and do not need. It's our cameras, our maps, our banks, our newspapers, our taxi finders, our business communicators, our networking mediums etc... It's with us basically 24/7 for good reason.

It makes sense to upgrade your phone more frequently than a machine you only play games on.
    Except for the fact that even a 6 year old phone can still do all those things perfectly well. And those phones cost more than a PS4 Pro and and XboneX combined.

We must be stupid with these high end phones.

13. Saying Thanks:

JoE (October 13th, 2017),  nykfist (October 13th, 2017),  predatorx9 (October 12th, 2017),  Viking (October 12th, 2017)  

Souls Master
    Ps4 incoming
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    Except for the fact that even a 6 year old phone can still do all those things perfectly well. And those phones cost more than a PS4 Pro and and XboneX combined.

We must be stupid with these high end phones.
    I always laugh. Spend 5k on a ps4 pro...Expensive. Spend 10k on a 4k tv..Never.... spends 20k on new iPhone...what morons

15. Saying Thanks:

Demented (October 13th, 2017),  SPR1NGBOKKE (October 19th, 2017),  Uberutang (October 13th, 2017),  Viking (October 13th, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

I'm on iPhone for life. New iPhone each year, no extra cost.
    Picked my 8plus up Tuesday . Only thing extra I take is apple care.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast