Default Choosing a monitor in your budget

Some food for thought.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Xbone - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post

Some food for thought.
    Yeah He replied to a comment I had on that video! Love Greg's videos. I am just waiting for these bloody monitors to get cheaper. The PC I am building is gonna be held back bad by monitor, but the prices are just retarded at the moment. I'm pretty set on 1440P 144Hz, but yeah 10k for an IPS monitor is just retarded. I might just wait for a few months to see if they get cheaper, or get one second hand!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    Yeah He replied to a comment I had on that video! Love Greg's videos. I am just waiting for these bloody monitors to get cheaper. The PC I am building is gonna be held back bad by monitor, but the prices are just retarded at the moment. I'm pretty set on 1440P 144Hz, but yeah 10k for an IPS monitor is just retarded. I might just wait for a few months to see if they get cheaper, or get one second hand!
    I think your problem is two fold. Firstly you are waiting for US pricing to drop but for every $1 Zuma is making sure you won't get it for under 10k.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    I think your problem is two fold. Firstly you are waiting for US pricing to drop but for every $1 Zuma is making sure you won't get it for under 10k.
    Yep. I have items in my cart at Rebeltech and my total has gone up by R1000 in a week. I swear every day the prices just keep going up. I'm getting so fed up!!! I am going to end up waiting this out because every single day buying PC parts just gets worse. RAM is an absolute joke right now. Something needs to change! Anyway waiting in the PC world is never the worst idea. I am just gonna buy the monitor and PC together once I have all the cash. My build without the screen is already up to 27k. Bloody mind blowing! With a screen it's going on 36k. Gonna get there but jeeze I am starting to question it bad!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    Yep. I have items in my cart at Rebeltech and my total has gone up by R1000 in a week. I swear every day the prices just keep going up. I'm getting so fed up!!! I am going to end up waiting this out because every single day buying PC parts just gets worse. RAM is an absolute joke right now. Something needs to change! Anyway waiting in the PC world is never the worst idea. I am just gonna buy the monitor and PC together once I have all the cash. My build without the screen is already up to 27k. Bloody mind blowing! With a screen it's going on 36k. Gonna get there but jeeze I am starting to question it bad!
    Off topic but: 16GB of Semi-fast RAM cost more than a 6-Core CPU right now. Hell 8GB its more than a i3-8100 or a Ryen 3 1200/1300X and I don't see it coming down soon with the demand for more from Cellular manufacturers. Companies would rather cause a shortage and profit than make more and turn a profit over a longer time.

Experience

Economics and the law of supply and demand. If you can only produce a certain number of chips a month and more people want them than can be produced you charge a premium.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Hidden Content

7. Saying Thanks:

Jer1cho (November 13th, 2017)