Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Hisense M7000 or Samsung MU7000

Addicted Member quantumtraveler's Avatar
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    Curved - not my taste. wide living room angles, I don't care about colour degrading, but the picture gets warped at an angle, which I dislike, sitting straight up in front is cool though, just not ideal for me,kids and wife
    Not really true. I have a curved KS. There’s no noticeable degrading or warped angle stuff lol. But I get that it’s not for everyone. The decision should be based on aesthetics alone. Those other issues don’t exist in my experience with the 8500

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by quantumtraveler View Post
    Not really true. I have a curved KS. There’s no noticeable degrading or warped angle stuff lol. But I get that it’s not for everyone. The decision should be based on aesthetics alone. Those other issues don’t exist in my experience with the 8500
    From my angles in the shops, I might have made it worse, or maybe I just recall that it is warped, but I might be mistaken, something of it was "offputting", happy you're enjoying it though, great TV other than being curved

Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah the MU8000 is a 500 nits model with better local dimming (I think). It’s like the bridge between the MU7000 and 2016 KS range.
    It seems, going by European models, that the MU8000 and MU7000 have the same performance characteristics, which puts peak brightness at 600.

Since the MU6000 is backlit, it doesn't have local dimming - if it did it would have been a FALD display. Then again the MU7000 and MU8000 (going by European model numbers) don't really have local dimming either, as we discussed here.
    Last edited by KenMasters; November 15th, 2017 at 04:15 PM.

Game IDs
    Experience

I’m really disappointed. If I want a 10-bit panel with half decent hdr as a second tv I have to go up to 20k for the MU8000. I was hoping I could get this in the MU7000 for R12k

Game IDs
    Experience

I’m really disappointed. If I want a 10-bit panel with half decent hdr as a second tv I have to go up to 20k for the MU8000. I was hoping I could get this in the MU7000 for R12k
    Well, you can wait a bit longer and do some saving, but sacrificing peak brightness for a consistent backlight is not a bad trade - especially if your viewing environment is not too bright. 300 nits is also more than enough for SDR content.

Or revisit the idea of moving the KS to the game room. I'm sure most of your living room viewing will be SDR with much of it letter boxed - I'd think a backlit MU would prove preferable over an edge lit KS for that sort of content.
    Last edited by KenMasters; November 15th, 2017 at 04:35 PM.

6. Saying Thanks:

quantumtraveler (November 15th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Default Hisense M7000 or Samsung MU7000

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Well, you can wait a bit longer and do some saving, but sacrificing peak brightness for a consistent backlight is not a bad trade - especially if your viewing environment is not too bright. 300 nits is also more than enough for SDR content.

Or revisit the idea of moving the KS to the game room. I'm sure most of your living room viewing will be SDR with much of it letter boxed - I'd think a backlit MU would prove preferable over an edge lit KS for that sort of content.
    My wife chuckled when I chatted to her about moving the ks. She said she loves it and there’s zero chance of moving it lol

About my games room, it runs off the tv room (open plan) but is not bright at all. I keep the blinds mostly closed. My master plan is to have a tv in the games room, specifically for hdr gaming. I game on a pretty decent 27” 4k Acer monitor atm - I came from PC sub-race so never made the transition to gaming primarily on tv (yet). Mmm... if I sell my Acer I will have enough for the 55MU8000...

Edit: Case closed. Gonna sell my Acer 27” 4k UHD monitor and pay in the cash difference to buy a KS - or might save the balance to fund the KS and keep the Acer as well.
    Last edited by quantumtraveler; November 16th, 2017 at 01:15 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567