Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hisense M7000 or Samsung MU7000

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Sure, just take an extended warranty on it or sell it before it runs out.
    Funny you say that. I gave my 51" plasma to my mother in law when I upgraded last year. Two months after the extended warranty expired and it started giving problems. I think it wouldnt come on. Samsung charged R2k to fix it. I can't remember the fault.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by quantumtraveler View Post
    I went to see the MU7000 on the weekend. It’s nice - they couldn’t show me HDR content though Not such a big fan of the black finish either.
    I would've been pleasantly surprised if they could show you any HDR content. That Gears of War 4 split screen feature will be nice if they have an X in the store. Though if it's a sub par tv you wont see a difference, just an annoying line down the middle of the screen.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    So what options do we have?
    Looks like you might be getting FALD Samsung options next year:

"The first trademark filing is for ‘Direct Full Array Elite’, which is noteworthy for a number of reasons. None of Samsung so-called “QLED” LCD TVs this year use a full array local dimming system like the one in Sony Z9D or Panasonic DX900. Instead, Samsung is using edge LED, which cannot faithfully reproduce HDR video due to limited control over luminance levels. Switching back to FALD would make the LCD TVs thicker but at the same time markedly improve picture quality."

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1510654215

4. Saying Thanks:

quantumtraveler (November 14th, 2017)  

Addicted Member quantumtraveler's Avatar
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post

"The first trademark filing is for ‘Direct Full Array Elite’, which is noteworthy for a number of reasons. None of Samsung so-called “QLED” LCD TVs this year use a full array local dimming system like the one in Sony Z9D or Panasonic DX900. Instead, Samsung is using edge LED, which cannot faithfully reproduce HDR video due to limited control over luminance levels. Switching back to FALD would make the LCD TVs thicker but at the same time markedly improve picture quality."

Nice. About time. It’s gonna come at a cost though

Game IDs
    Experience

Same theory though. The MU7000 looks and specs appear to be identical to the UN MU6400 range
    Decided to give the MU6400 a closer look this morning, I see it's a direct lit panel, not edge lit - so if the S.A. MU7000l is thicker than its edge-lit counterparts that should be a dead giveaway. That's actually something of a bonus as it means it's not going to display the same patchy brightening effect.
    Last edited by KenMasters; November 15th, 2017 at 06:09 AM.

7. Saying Thanks:

quantumtraveler (November 15th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Default Hisense M7000 or Samsung MU7000

Decided to give the MU6400 a closer look this morning, I see it's a direct lit panel, not edge lit - so if the S.A. MU7000l is thicker than its edge-lit counterparts that should be a dead giveaway. That's actually something of a bonus as it means it's not going to display the same patchy brightening effect.
    I found a Samsung page with all 2017 uhd and suhd model variants (not by region though) and I noticed that the MU6300 range looks identical to our MU7000 range (cannot see the thickness like you mentioned above from the product photos) and also it is the only model that is released internationally in the exact same sizes as our MU7000 range.

The sizes could be an indication that we’re getting the MU6300 because it is the only tv in the entire Samsung range that comes in 50” and our MU7000 comes in 50” (whereas the UN and UE MU7000 range does not).

So right now I suspect the MU6300 is what is branded as the MU7000 in SA. Now I’m intrigued by the direct lit feature you found on this model..
    Last edited by quantumtraveler; November 15th, 2017 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Corrected model to MU6300

Game IDs
    Experience

Rtings review for the MU6300: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6300

Game IDs
    Experience

Thanks,

Interesting read that, I wonder why they are so hell bent on LCD tech still instead of making the switch to OLED.

Probably feel they're too far behind in the tech to compete with LG.

If only LG would make OLEDs cheaper.

I reckon they should repackage the OLED B6,C6,E6 in cheaper frames and make super profit. They are still the second best OLED panels to this years "7" series LG OLED panels

Game IDs
    Experience

Now I’m intrigued by the direct lit feature you found on this model..
    I wouldn't go so far as to call it a feature, cheaper LCDs are often backlit. It's easier and cheaper to do, even though edge lighting often means poorer screen uniformity, consumers prefer the slim profile.

Interesting read that, I wonder why they are so hell bent on LCD tech still instead of making the switch to OLED.
    Because there's no way in hell they'll buy panels from rival LG.

Probably feel they're too far behind in the tech to compete with LG.
    Making their own OLEDs isn't feasible, they sunk a lot of money into trying to produce RGB OLEDs but couldn't get it right, it's only LG with their WRGB approach that were able to produce commercially feasible OLEDs.

If only LG would make OLEDs cheaper.
    Actually relative to other premium TVs, their OLEDs are very competitive, same price bracket as the better FALDs and what the better plasmas used to cost.
    Last edited by KenMasters; November 15th, 2017 at 08:33 AM.

Very Senior Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

I found a Samsung page with all 2017 uhd and suhd model variants (not by region though) and I noticed that the MU6300 range looks identical to our MU7000 range (cannot see the thickness like you mentioned above from the product photos) and also it is the only model that is released internationally in the exact same sizes as our MU7000 range.

The sizes could be an indication that we’re getting the MU6300 because it is the only tv in the entire Samsung range that comes in 50” and our MU7000 comes in 50” (whereas the UN and UE MU7000 range does not).

So right now I suspect the MU6300 is what is branded as the MU7000 in SA. Now I’m intrigued by the direct lit feature you found on this model..
    The MU6100 also comes in 50" and according to the specs is exactly the same as our MU7000

I see the actual 55MU7000 is R20k at Dion Wired today

This is the one I am looking at for Black Friday but even R20k seems like too much.
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast