Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DICE is cutting the credit cost of heroes in Star Wars Battlefront II by 75%

Gaming Wizard
    Husband. Gamer. Hero.
    Game IDs
    Experience

I just heard them talk about this on the radio. RSA radio. Was very suprised

Its great though. Raise awareness.
    Final Fantasy 15 was disappointing. Hype failed me. I am Squirtbird.
    Hidden Content

Experience

Anyone commented on this yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/assholedesi...on_from_their/

So EA seems to have removed the refund button forcing you to deal with a live chat support.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Xbone - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    Shadilay My Dudes
    Game IDs
    Experience

Funny enough the CFO wishes BF4 had the same recurring monetization model as battlefront due to high current playerbase
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...d-monetisation
    I have a weird feeling that BF4 still has such a high playerbase because it doesnt have this model.
    Last edited by marmeduke; November 14th, 2017 at 08:45 PM.
    Never Forget 03/08/2017 - Lost Son doxed himself

4. Saying Thanks:

JoE (November 16th, 2017),  scienide (November 16th, 2017),  Uberutang (November 15th, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by marmeduke View Post
    Funny enough the CFO wishes BF4 had the same recurring monetization model as battlefront due to high current playerbase
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...d-monetisation
    I have a weird feeling that BF4 still has such a high playerbase because it doesnt have this model.
    He doesn't realise there IS a reason that people are still playing bf4.

6. Saying Thanks:

Uberutang (November 15th, 2017)  

Experience

Because its BFawesome4.
    Nothing like it. Especially not that bimbo that is bf1.

& BF4 has shortcut crates you can buy.

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by noman View Post
    Because its BFawesome4.
    Nothing like it. Especially not that bimbo that is bf1.

& BF4 has shortcut crates you can buy.
    No issues with short cut crates. But if it released today it would contain random shortcuts. Selling products direct to customers is not something ea likes to do anymore

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    No issues with short cut crates. But if it released today it would contain random shortcuts. Selling products direct to customers is not something ea likes to do anymore
    This is my biggest fear for TitanFall 3. TF2's dlc structure was so refreshing. You got exactly what you paid for.

Very Senior Member
    *insert thought here*
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    You should be able to straight up buy the outfits you're keen on, not gamble on getting what you're after - and then to still make some outfits limited release? Sleazy load of crap.
    I don't think is sleazy, it's limited for the events, makes the people play more in the time of events to unlock those outfits, if you did not get what you wanted you just have to wait till next same type event when they are cheaper! Like the halloween event this time around, I unlocked a bunch from last year but even if purchased they were really cheap. I did not have the game previous halloween so was nice to be able to get them.

You can buy the outfits with the coins if you have enough, sure the event costumes are a tad expensive but no skin off my back. It's not perfect but at least it's not EA tactics.

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nucleous View Post
    I don't think is sleazy, it's limited for the events, makes the people play more in the time of events to unlock those outfits, if you did not get what you wanted you just have to wait till next same type event when they are cheaper! Like the halloween event this time around, I unlocked a bunch from last year but even if purchased they were really cheap. I did not have the game previous halloween so was nice to be able to get them.

You can buy the outfits with the coins if you have enough, sure the event costumes are a tad expensive but no skin off my back. It's not perfect but at least it's not EA tactics.
    You're still reliant on luck, though. Either you have to hope that you get the skin that you want from a lootbox or you have to hope that you get enough credits from the lootboxes to buy it.

One person might get lucky and find what they want in their first lootbox. One person might not be lucky and doesn't even get what they want after many, many, many lootboxes.

As I've said in a previous thread, I know I'm not in their target audience. Pretty much every time I open one of the free lootboxes, my reaction is: "If I had paid for this, I would have been pissed off"

12. Saying Thanks:

McFancypants (November 15th, 2017)  

Very Senior Member
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Buffel View Post
    As I've said in a previous thread, I know I'm not in their target audience. Pretty much every time I open one of the free lootboxes, my reaction is: "If I had paid for this, I would have been pissed off"
    This has been me on several occasions.

If I actually paid for bright engrams in Destiny 2, and all I got was 'rare' mods, a ghost shell I'd never use and a weapon skin I'd never use, I'd be pissed. But I don't buy 'em, so I they're just pasala things I get for doing stuff.

14. Saying Thanks:

Buffel (November 15th, 2017),  SnakeEater (November 16th, 2017)  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast