Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Aliens vs Predator

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Coldcat View Post
    finding a game on the ps3 is a joke with this game.

It took me 20 mins to get to a lobby screen then the host bailed and had to start all over again. I hate to say this but the 360 version doesn't give me any hassles at all.

I just want to test out the ps3 version damit !

Went on the Sega's forum and there's hundreds of complaints about it, its the same problem with PC too.
    Yeah it is a problem but luckily it's easily solved. Just invite 1 person to your lobby and search for a game. After a minute or two it starts the game and you can play. We had a 4-player game last night by doing this. At first I didn't like the feel of the gameplay but as soon as you get to grips with the controls and the different style of gameplay it's awesome. I'm really enjoying it. I was thinking of giving it a skip but the demo changed my mind.

Gaming Wizard
    Now you're thinking with portals!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by shibobo View Post
    Yeah it is a problem but luckily it's easily solved. Just invite 1 person to your lobby and search for a game. After a minute or two it starts the game and you can play. We had a 4-player game last night by doing this. At first I didn't like the feel of the gameplay but as soon as you get to grips with the controls and the different style of gameplay it's awesome. I'm really enjoying it. I was thinking of giving it a skip but the demo changed my mind.
    Yes the AvP game demo search system has two parts: how many people are currently in the game/waiting, and thme how many more people its searching for, but this searching number decreases over time, so it lowers the requires amount of people to start the game, but you need at least 2 people to start a game. so even if the demo is only 8 players, if it doesnt find 8 players it uses the amount that is already in the game/waiting.
    but i hope they change this in the full game, and have a host that can force start the game
    "Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. The wisdom of our Creed is revealed through these words."

Addicted Member
    Dude'er than you!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Seems it's getting pretty mediocre reviews unfortunately.

Super Moderator
    Most informative member of 2009 & 2010 & 2011 & 2012
    Best Mod 2012 & 2013
    Hmmmm.....
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Havok ZA View Post
    Seems it's getting pretty mediocre reviews unfortunately.
    Yeah I thought so aswell but more reviews are coming in and it's pretty mixed like they really like it or they don't no in between lol.

Metacritic

It was rated at 62 yesterday on metacritic but I checked today and it jumped to 71 soo it's touch and go at the moment

Addicted Member
    Dude'er than you!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah seems like it. I loved AvP back in the day on PC.
    Will def keep an eye out on the reviews for this.

Single, looking for hot gaming chicks
    Game IDs
    Experience

Like IGN UK said if your an Aliens fan, then you will love it, the sound is top notch and from the youtube vid i watched,i cant wait.

Single, looking for hot gaming chicks
    Game IDs
    Experience

Friend got back from US with AvP game, and dont go by the reviews if they bad. This game rocks. Graphics are good, they got lighting and sound almost spot on to the movies. The game scares the **** out of you. Of what i played so far its better than AvP2. AvP definitely has a DOOM 3 feel about it and i like the fact that they copied DOOM in the slow build up and dont throw you straight into the action, awesome game i give it 9.5/10 from the few stages i got to see and play.

8. Saying Thanks:

InfoGuy101 (February 18th, 2010),  shibobo (February 18th, 2010)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmDeth View Post
    Friend got back from US with AvP game, and dont go by the reviews if they bad. This game rocks. Graphics are good, they got lighting and sound almost spot on to the movies. The game scares the **** out of you. Of what i played so far its better than AvP2. AvP definitely has a DOOM 3 feel about it and i like the fact that they copied DOOM in the slow build up and dont throw you straight into the action, awesome game i give it 9.5/10 from the few stages i got to see and play.
    Thanks for the info. Have you got the PS3 version?

What is the MP like? Server based or p2p? I know the PC version is server based.
    Last edited by shibobo; February 18th, 2010 at 10:00 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

1up.com gave the game 25/100 lol

Game IDs
    Experience

That's hectic. The second worst score is 50.. Someone doesn't like Aliens or Predator very much. lol

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast