Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bayonetta - Some local impressions on the best damn hack-and-slasher in years.

Addicted Member
    Seasoned Beautifully
    Experience

/Whispers in Jevous ear

Go and get it now, think of it as early Christmas gift

2. Saying Thanks:

Jevous (November 28th, 2009)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jevous View Post
    SgtFiddler, you have to stop pimping this game immediately (or I should just avoid this thread) because I can drive 2 min to my local gameshop and pick this up tomorrow and I'm trying to save money! I'm TRYING ya hear! help me...
    LOL, no no, you will succumb, you WILL succumb, you've been delaying it enough as it is, destiny's calling, and her name is Bayonetta...
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

4. Saying Thanks:

Jevous (November 28th, 2009)  

Experience

Alright. For the first time I'm disgusted enough with a game/port to actually troll about it.

Prospective Bayonetta purchaser's please watch and read the following article:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...onetta-faceoff

I'm appalled! I'm mostly frustrated because I was really interested in this game, to the point of Pre-order. I feel...so let down. I mean, this is the 5th year of the ps3 generation and we are still subjected to this crap? I would write such an angry letter if I didnt already know that their inbox was full of other peoples hate-mail.

Anyone who watches that footage will see a clearly unfinished game...how did that get past quality control? and this is from the guy who gave us DMC!

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by deek View Post
    Alright. For the first time I'm disgusted enough with a game/port to actually troll about it.

I'm appalled! I'm mostly frustrated because I was really interested in this game, to the point of Pre-order. I feel...so let down. I mean, this is the 5th year of the ps3 generation and we are still subjected to this crap? I would write such an angry letter if I didnt already know that their inbox was full of other peoples hate-mail.

Anyone who watches that footage will see a clearly unfinished game...how did that get past quality control? and this is from the guy who gave us DMC!
    SEGA did a very crappy port in almost every term possible. Low frame rate and low graphical detail. I still believe it wont deviate you from the otherwise excellent gameplay. Maybe just maybe the PAL release of the game for January next year will benefit of some polish, a bit like the Ghostbusters PS3 version had with a patch. We can only hope.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by deek View Post

Old news bud, i think if you've read this thread you'll clearly see that while it's a crappy port, it doesn't detract from being fantastic, the gameplay rocks, and where it matters, you won't even notice the framerate drops. As i've said earlier, the biggest drops seem to appear in the cut-scenes, and the clock-tower scene (which is really just a glorified interactive cut-scene) is the absolute worst the frame rate will get.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

Addicted Member
    Winter is coming.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Possibly good news!

Sega has reportedly been considering a fix for the long load times in the PlayStation 3 version of Bayonetta. It may be that they are fixing the rest of the issues for the North America release as well.
    Gamekyo is reporting that an engineering team from Sony has stepped in to bring the port up to par (via wearetheinternetz). Sega and Platinum Games have reportedly "taken responsibility" for the framerate issues and murky textures, and are working with Sony on making sure that it's equal "to the level of the console's power."

Sega customer service representatives have previously said that they are "well-aware" of Bayonetta's problems with loading times, and that they are considering a patch for the issue. How exactly they plan to address it remains to be seen.

Regardless, it appears that PlayStation 3 owners in North America may end up catching a break after all. With the demo scheduled to arrive Thursday, we may soon know whether these reports are accurate.
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177157

Experience

I downloaded the demo over the weekend and I have to admit that it doesn't look great but it's not that bad either. I just think it's funny that she runs like a chicken.

I did enjoy it and I will give it a try when it is released.
    Last edited by Denizen28; December 7th, 2009 at 05:22 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456