Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to connect to the Internet with a wireless/3G Vodacom USB modem

FIFA FA
    Got to keep the Anger Sharks out of my head.
    Experience

The router itself does not boost the signal at all. Some of the 3G modems can have an external antennae installed on the side, and Poynting Direct sell some 3G boosting antennae.

The router just gives you the ability to not be reliant on a PC in order to connect other devices and thus makes 3G a true broadband connection.

2. Saying Thanks:

plstk (January 13th, 2010)  

COD: Black Op's

Game IDs
    Experience

@plstk Well again I have been battling with 3G/HSDPA/HSUPA what I did was I lodged a complaint with customer care over e-mail and they require some info from you once your info has been processed they will phone to set up a meeting with a technician he then comes around to test the connection in the area and offers you alternatives like antenas and or quick fixes until the 3G is upgraded but I must say its a lengthy process you looking at around 14-21 days from start to finish thats only my experience with them you might have better service.

4. Saying Thanks:

plstk (January 18th, 2010)  

Experience

Default Managing 3G data

Hi Guys,

I have come a cross a handy service to manage 3G data, without having to sign 24 month contracts which is great for gaming. You can basically choose the data bundle you need, and they will automatically recharge your 3G SIm every month. See www.flickswitch.co.za - it's called 3G Manager

Very Senior Member
    Now with added Ninja-goodness
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vlamgat View Post
    @plstk Well again I have been battling with 3G/HSDPA/HSUPA what I did was I lodged a complaint with customer care over e-mail and they require some info from you once your info has been processed they will phone to set up a meeting with a technician he then comes around to test the connection in the area and offers you alternatives like antenas and or quick fixes until the 3G is upgraded but I must say its a lengthy process you looking at around 14-21 days from start to finish thats only my experience with them you might have better service.
    Ah I see. Im just using the normal usb modem and I get two bars, sometimes 3. But even on two bars Ive been playing MW2 without any problems, well except everytime the host migrates I get kicked out of the game. So I just thought that a signal boost might help my connection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12