Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got my copy

Experience

Default Just got my copy

So FedEx just dropped of my copy at work. Really tempted to quietly disappear during the course of the day to get playing.
    Gonna be a loooong day. Will post some impressions either late tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

2. Saying Thanks:

NoctisBlade (October 8th, 2010),  riezo (October 8th, 2010),  TheHaunted (October 8th, 2010),  trinityblade (October 8th, 2010)  

Addicted Member
    Top Gear rules!
    Game IDs
    Experience

i got mine
    i am loving it!

i say if you love god of war and dantes inferno then you gona love this!
    King _RSA Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    You dont Wanna know. No Really. Trust me.
    Experience

Awesome stuff. Maybe start a poll to rate the game?
    You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villan.

Gaming Wizard
    I bid thee adieu
    Experience

Its gonna be a long week :sigh:.

Did any of you get the LE that will not be gracing our shores?
    "My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

Best New Member 2009
    Yakuza
    Experience

nice sgt
    NICEE!!!

give some impressions
    The phantom whose substance cannot be grasped
    The drifting cloud that goes down on his own path without being caught by anything
    The passing rain that washes away everything
    The hurricane that blows violently
    Hidden Content

Experience

The LE has apparently been delayed, just got the vanilla version.

4pm's so far away...

Experience

Awesome, glad they delivered on time!

9. Saying Thanks:

SgtFiddler (October 8th, 2010)  

Experience

So managed to put in some time last night - not nearly as much as i'd have wanted - but managed to get some decent time in with it.

So after about 3 hours, here's my initial impressions:

Had to tear myself away to eventually go to bed last night, and that's always a good thing.

I think what's been most striking so far is the varied locations i've already seen, and i'm still only on Chapter 2. Each Chapter's broken down into 5 shorter chunks, with a trial being unlocked in each Chapter once you've finished it. Already replayed Chapters 1-1 and 1-2 to beat the additional trials, which so far have been easy, but i can see the difficulty spiking very soon.

One of my favourite things is the art design - i love it. Perfect combination of medieval european influences, with a darkly gothic feel to it, and a few sections had a definite Pan's Labyrinth vibe to it. (you'll notice it once you get there)

Little things i'm really impressed with are the black and white pencil illustrations of characters and beasts as you encounter them, each with their own little piece of history and lore - so much more effective imo than unlocking the 3-D models of everything that so many games do nowadays.

Other small things that caught my eye are the amazing attention to detail, the way Belmont would bless each knight's corpse he encounters, and so far the cut-scene direction has been fantastic.

VA's are great, and the story seems to have much potential at this point. The score's suitably epic and in fact the sound design so far's been very impressive.

There is some framerate issues happening, but so far it hasn't been at all bad, and certainly didn't hamper the gameplay yet. One thing i needed to get used to was their QTE of 2 circles gradually decreasing into each other but i've found the sweet spot last night and they're a breeze since then.

The combat really has some GOW flavour to it, which is sufficient for a game like this. There are still loads of combo's and moves to purchase, so it has the potential to be something deep, but i will only be able to make this judgement probably on the harder difficulties.

What i do like about the combat so far is that you'll NEED to block. It actually uses a similar mechanic to Ninja Gaiden where you block with R2, and to dodge you keep holding the same button and push the let stick in a direction. This gives me hope that the combat system could potentially be deeper than GOW which i'm hoping for, since i'm enjoying this atm way more than i did GOWIII.

If the pace, varied locations and enemies can continue throughout the game (i almost can't see how that will happen), i'm going to be very impressed.

Will post back after some more gametime.

11. Saying Thanks:

Azure Wrath (October 9th, 2010),  Cl1nt (October 11th, 2010),  Eblet (October 9th, 2010),  gaseoussnake (October 12th, 2010),  G_SHARK001 (October 11th, 2010),  marky365 (October 11th, 2010),  monkamw (October 13th, 2010),  MultiMaxMan (October 11th, 2010),  NoctisBlade (October 9th, 2010),  nykfist (October 9th, 2010),  riezo (October 11th, 2010),  shibobo (October 9th, 2010),  trinityblade (October 11th, 2010)  

Super Moderator
    Most Generous Member 2013
    Best Member 2013
    Comedian of the year 2009
    Prepare for Ponification
    Experience

Thanks Fiddler! Downloading the demo now, need to be introduced to this series...
    Obey forum rules, Hidden Content

Oupa
    I need to PoOh..
    Game IDs
    Experience

Dude don't DL the demo it's way way to short and you'd want to play the damn thing over and over and over again and again and again hahahaha you get my point!!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast