Poll: Which is the better game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FF13 v.s. Resonance of Fate

Addicted Member
    "I am a mad scientist! Mwahahaha!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Shintaro View Post
    Really? I'm a huge FF fan, but FF13 just ruined it for me. Why make a game when the best option is auto-attack? I never really even looked at RoF, but if I think FF8 and FF10 are the best ever, would I enjoy it?
    FF13 was brilliant they just tried something new you cant blame them for that?. it had a great story battle system was good and AMAZING GRAPHICS!! and it has one of the most GREATEST SCENES IV EVER SEEN
    the downfall was the crystogenesis

Very Senior Member
    23BB2BEC add me yo :)
    Experience

Weird, I'm lending resonance from a friend and the beginning is awful to me, no sense of purpose thus far and i'm battling to find specific places. I'm a huge RPG Fan so i'm not retarted in these styles of games but so far resonance hasnt yet grabbed me.

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by tteckk View Post
    FF13 was brilliant they just tried something new you cant blame them for that?. it had a great story battle system was good and AMAZING GRAPHICS!! and it has one of the most GREATEST SCENES IV EVER SEEN
    the downfall was the crystogenesis
    I too loved FF13, the graphics in the Archelyte step area did not impress me to say the least. The grass is flat and dull and thats what you see the most after you complete the main story. Otherwise, the battle system is one of the best ive ever seen.

Addicted Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MatCat View Post
    Weird, I'm lending resonance from a friend and the beginning is awful to me, no sense of purpose thus far and i'm battling to find specific places. I'm a huge RPG Fan so i'm not retarted in these styles of games but so far resonance hasnt yet grabbed me.
    it will
    the beginning you don't know whats going on and the screen flashes and its hard to read the righting but you ignore most of it soon

then it ROCKS!

customizing guns is pretty awesome

Addicted Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

I too loved FF13, the graphics in the Archelyte step area did not impress me to say the least. The grass is flat and dull and thats what you see the most after you complete the main story. Otherwise, the battle system is one of the best ive ever seen.
    the wild life was so alive though
    there moving everywhere and unexpectingly a behemoth comes out of nowhere

but soon you start seeing patterns

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by tteckk View Post
    it will
    the beginning you don't know whats going on and the screen flashes and its hard to read the righting but you ignore most of it soon

then it ROCKS!

customizing guns is pretty awesome
    Thanks, I shall then!

Oupa
    Don't run. You'll just die tired.
    Experience

Yeah, the begining is a bit confusing. Just follow the quests for awhile and youll learn the best areas to farm and grind.
    At the start of the game i just did a few battles around the arena to get used to the combat system. Actually went up a good few levels while i was there.

So ja, dont give up on ROS yet or youll miss out on a great game.

8. Saying Thanks:

MatCat (January 16th, 2011)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I am intrigued. I think I'll give RoF a try.

FF13 had great graphics yeah, but I expect that from a FF game. Interesting characters and story and jaw-dropping FMVs. The best part about FF games for me, was the game after you finished the story. Finding the hidden bosses and items. Figuring out strategies. FF13 just didn't have that. You finish the story and then all those challenges? No real secrets to discover. Getting the ultimate weapons was *yawn*.

This after having 168 hours played on FF10 trying to beat the Dark Aeons and Penance. FF13 wasn't a bad game at all, but didn't come even close to fulfilling my expectations of its first PS3 outing.

Oupa
    Don't run. You'll just die tired.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Shintaro View Post
    I am intrigued. I think I'll give RoF a try.

FF13 had great graphics yeah, but I expect that from a FF game. Interesting characters and story and jaw-dropping FMVs. The best part about FF games for me, was the game after you finished the story. Finding the hidden bosses and items. Figuring out strategies. FF13 just didn't have that. You finish the story and then all those challenges? No real secrets to discover. Getting the ultimate weapons was *yawn*.

This after having 168 hours played on FF10 trying to beat the Dark Aeons and Penance. FF13 wasn't a bad game at all, but didn't come even close to fulfilling my expectations of its first PS3 outing.
    still waiting on a ff7 remake for the ps3

Addicted Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by THERE-B-NOFX View Post
    still waiting on a ff7 remake for the ps3
    ONE DAY!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast