Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better than you think

Experience

Default Better than you think

So over the past holiday season I got this game for virtually next to nothing, seeing as I would not really lose anything if it turned out as bad as some critics/reviewers lead you to believe.

After spending the past two weeks or so playing this game I have to say Sacred 2 on console is MUCH better than a lot of people say it is. Sure the game does have bugs, but most of them are easily solved with a quick restart of the game. And most of them are just small glitches really. Nothing to get all worked up about.

Anyway, if you enjoy games like Diablo II, Titan Quest and Dungeon Siege then you'll love this game. It's loads of fun and pretty addictive.

I was wondering if anyone still plays this online. And how does the game run on a 384kbps ADSL connection? (That's what I have).

Also, does anyone have any Seraphim set items they would be willing to trade? I don't have a lot of stuff to trade yet as I'm still on my first character but I do have 2 or 3 set items for the Inquisitor and I also have a few unique weapons (mostly swords). If you do have some Seraphim set items you would be willing to part with send me your PSN ID and give me a shout when we can trade.
    Last edited by Rapham0n; January 15th, 2011 at 12:08 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Spirited Away...
    Game IDs
    Experience

I used to play everyday, until my hard drive had to be formatted. I played for a total of 55 hours.
    Ive started again though.
    Glad you discovered this gem of an rpg .

Super Moderator
    Most helpful intimidating forum legend
    Overworked and Underpaid.
    Game IDs
    Experience

I really enjoyed this game. Doubt anyone still plays though and when I played it a lot, the lag on my then 4MB line was bad. I can't recall playing with any locals, so can't comment on how well it plays with low latency.
    Hidden Content

My Flickr Page -> Hidden Content
    My 500px Page ->
    Hidden Content
    My Playfire Page ->Hidden Content

Oupa
    Find peace :) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qvglWAHDak
    Game IDs
    Experience

I read the reviews and thats what put me off. Where can you get this game still?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFirewood View Post
    I read the reviews and thats what put me off. Where can you get this game still?
    This is now the 4th time I took a chance on a game where the reviews gave it bad scores and I found out that the reviews were full of BS.

Anyway, I found this game at one of my local stores. Just look around, maybe you'll find it. You could also try www.kalahari.net, as I think they might have the platinum version if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: found it, here: http://www.kalahari.net/games/Sacred.../33132824.aspx

You could also get the PC version if you want to. The PC version has more patches, which means more bug fixes which in turn means less bugs and the PC version has an expansion pack. So if you are still into PC gaming and if you have the system to run the game in highest settings then the PC version might be the better choice. For me PC gaming is dead, due to all the problems involved with PC gaming (DRM, system requirements, having to upgrade every 4 months, etc. etc.), so I gave up PC gaming long ago, which is why for me the console version is better. But it's entirely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiM View Post
    I really enjoyed this game. Doubt anyone still plays though and when I played it a lot, the lag on my then 4MB line was bad. I can't recall playing with any locals, so can't comment on how well it plays with low latency.
    Do you still have an old save laying around? If so I would be willing to take any Seraphim set items you might have off your hands.
    Last edited by Rapham0n; January 15th, 2011 at 12:59 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Sacred 2 is a good game, bit the first Sacred is much better. I don't like most of the character classes in Sacred 2, the first one has much better characters like the Vampiress, Daemon, Dwarf and Dark Elf to name a few.
    Last edited by Wlad; January 15th, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    Sacred 2 is a good game, bit the first Sacred is much better. I don't like most of the character classes in Sacred, the first one has much better characters like the Vampiress, Daemon, Dwarf and Dark Elf to name a few.
    I've never played (or even heard of) the first one. So really to me Sacred 2 is awesome. And I am in no hurry to get back into PC gaming thank you very much. For gaming purposes Consoles are a far better option than the PC for many reasons. (Who cares about better graphics if you have to fork out a small fortune every 4-6 months in order to keep those better graphics? And DRM issues cause more problems for the honest gamers than it does for the pirates. Not to mention this new nonsense about having to be connected to the Internet 24/7 in order to play the games. No thank you, PC gaming is epic fail now).

Super Moderator
    Most helpful intimidating forum legend
    Overworked and Underpaid.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Rapham0n View Post

Do you still have an old save laying around? If so I would be willing to take any Seraphim set items you might have off your hands.
    I've had my console die since playing it, but if I recall, the save is not protected, so I may have it restored. Will check.
    Hidden Content

My Flickr Page -> Hidden Content
    My 500px Page ->
    Hidden Content
    My Playfire Page ->Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Rapham0n View Post
    I've never played (or even heard of) the first one. So really to me Sacred 2 is awesome. And I am in no hurry to get back into PC gaming thank you very much. For gaming purposes Consoles are a far better option than the PC for many reasons. (Who cares about better graphics if you have to fork out a small fortune every 4-6 months in order to keep those better graphics? And DRM issues cause more problems for the honest gamers than it does for the pirates. Not to mention this new nonsense about having to be connected to the Internet 24/7 in order to play the games. No thank you, PC gaming is epic fail now).
    I didn't say anything about PC gaming. All I said was that Sacred has better characters than Sacred 2 which in turn makes it a better game.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    I didn't say anything about PC gaming. All I said was that Sacred has better characters than Sacred 2 which in turn makes it a better game.
    You didn't have to say anything about PC gaming. Sacred 1 is PC only, so it would be a safe assumption that you are talking about PC when you talk about Sacred 1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast