Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unable to download key configuration files - iBurst

Experience

Default Unable to download key configuration files - iBurst

Afternoon

I have read through the existing threads about freezing etc and see some of you have the same problem as me. I put the disc in, download the first patch (1.02 - 131mbs), then it goes to the title screen and the message: "Unable to download key configuration files. Please try again later."

I have tried opening ports (firewall. Not using a router) but no luck. From what I have read on here, the game only works with certain ISP's.

As a last resort I have brought my tv, PS3 and laptop to work to get the computer experts in the building to have a look, but they aren't having any luck.

What we are going to try next is a 3G dongle and if that doesn't work, the IT guy is gonna take it home and try it on his uncapped ADSL.

But from what I understand, it's basically luck of the draw if your ISP works.. but say it did work on his net and the game installed, and got the patches... any chance it would work from that point on my iBurst?

Any other suggestions?

I should add that although I know iBurst isn't the best - I haven't had trouble with any games in the past on either PSN or Xbox Live; although I know this game is a different beast altogether.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Addicted Member
    Brrm brrrmm toot toot!
    Experience

Well... every time you play, as soon as the game starts up, it checks the config files again... I'm hoping that it wont give you the same story, but I have no real way of saying for sure...

This game is more temperamental than a pregnant woman... ok, almost...

3. Saying Thanks:

ZizouFC (January 18th, 2011)  

Experience

Having been through the same frustrating process as well on Iburst, I eventually got it to work. These are the things I did, which was the final one that did it remains a mystery but at that point I was too tired to care :P

1.) Put router on DMZ
    2.) Updated router firmware
    3.) Disabled media sharing on PS3
    4.) Gave PS3 a static IP
    5.) Unplugged router and iburst modem and left off for 5min ( after this the 2.4gb patch was finally able to download and the error you receive went away. )

I have yet to login, as of this morning the patch had finished downloading but then world servers were down. So hopefully tonight we shall see...

5. Saying Thanks:

AENIGMA_ZA (January 18th, 2011),  Leetpro (January 18th, 2011),  ZizouFC (January 18th, 2011)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sh1fty0ne View Post
    Having been through the same frustrating process as well on Iburst, I eventually got it to work. These are the things I did, which was the final one that did it remains a mystery but at that point I was too tired to care :P

1.) Put router on DMZ
    4.) Gave PS3 a static IP
    5.) Unplugged router and iburst modem and left off for 5min ( after this the 2.4gb patch was finally able to download and the error you receive went away. )

I have yet to login, as of this morning the patch had finished downloading but then world servers were down. So hopefully tonight we shall see...
    Thank you so much for the reply. Unfortunately I'm not savvy when it comes to routers etc, however - I just printed your explanation and handed it to the IT guys and told them to give it a go if they get a chance.

I don't use a router though but they said they will add one to the equation.

Anything else I should tell them?

What iBurst setup/package are you on?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by ZizouFC; January 18th, 2011 at 02:12 PM.

Addicted Member
    Brrm brrrmm toot toot!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sh1fty0ne View Post

1.) Put router on DMZ
    4.) Gave PS3 a static IP

Your first post and its this helpful?

Welcome!

Experience

Haha yea, trust me this game is going to be the test of patience for 2011.

Spent a good 16hours on this nightmare so far, so anytime I can spare the next person to create a single voice to move SOE/PSN to come with a fix all the better.

I think we should all just demand S.A hosted servers and be done with it!

I am on a 5Gb iBurst package...hopefully not for long if I can twist Telkom's arm.

Has anyone that has experienced the 2min freezing actually been able to bypass it? Anyone know whether the PS3 can make use of Lowering, Gamepath etc to create a tunnel? This is the only way WoW is even remotely competitively playable, plus it would solve any region based freezing.

Super Moderator
    Most helpful intimidating forum legend
    Overworked and Underpaid.
    Game IDs
    Experience

I get the Config File issue on some of my ISP accounts. Even after your 131MB download, if you ever get past that point, you still need another +- 2.5GB before you get to a login screen. Wait until you see how long that takes.

I still managed to get the initial login and 2.5GB post install patch down on my MWEB uncapped, so all is not lost, but I can't play on MWEB uncapped, only unshaped WebAfrica.
    Hidden Content

My Flickr Page -> Hidden Content
    My 500px Page ->
    Hidden Content
    My Playfire Page ->Hidden Content

Experience

I bought 3gbs in preparation of the 2.5gb patch... now I just hope I actually get the chance to download it!

The IT guy here says it's gonna be difficult to get my iBurst modem (It's the laptop one - slots in the side - not USB) to work with a router... ideally I need the iBurst modem/router which costs around R2000 which is too much to spend on one game. He is trying to find a way around it though.

Been without my tv, net and ps3 for 3 days now, but it's worth it if he gets it to work.

I at least have some hope now that I know it is possible to play this game with iBurst, so I'll hang onto it and try again in the near future if nothing is sorted now.

Experience

Default Official Reply

After 2 days, here is the reply I get from SOE support (too little too late), but it confirms that at least with iBurst what is needed is a modem/router reboot:

1. Unplug the power cords from your modem and router for 2-3 minutes.
    2. Plug in your modem (the box connected to your wall) and let it boot up completely.
    3. Plug in your router (the box connected to your computer) and let it boot up completely.
    4. Try launching the game again.

Played successfully last night for over 7hours, no freezing after 4 consecutive freezes. Still wondering whether different Worlds are more prone to freezes or not...

Experience

Haha... I just got the same reply from them this morning.

I'm not at my PS3 (at work), do you think it could work?

Was actually impressed that they gave me a seemingly personalized reply - seems like I was wrong!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast