Poll: Rate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate It : Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Gaming Wizard
    VinylDestination.co.za
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Rate It : Marvel Vs Capcom 3

So, Ive been thinking of getting this game, yet I havent seen a 'rate it' thread for it...

So please share your opinions on it.

thanks!
    You just wasted your time reading this.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PsyM0nkey View Post
    So, Ive been thinking of getting this game, yet I havent seen a 'rate it' thread for it...

So please share your opinions on it.

thanks!
    While I haven't played this (yet) I can tell you that people all over the Internet seem to agree that Super Street Fighter IV is better than this. Still it does look like a fun game.

Gaming Wizard
    2 More weeks for Greatness!!
    Experience

IMO, this is the type of fighting game I enjoy...I prefer this over SF4 and SSF4... This is btw very different to S/SF4 since it is much more faster and its a 3 vs 3 format...so I don't think you can compare this to S/SF4 but you can state whether or not this is a better 2D fighter than others

Capcom did make a lot of mistakes with this game and it could've easily of been a 9.5 for me if they added more characters, more modes and a better story for each character...bringing out DLC characters is no way an excuse for improving the initial 36 character roster even though these characters are great to use at 1st...

On the positive, this game earns a 8.5 for me... What catches you 1st is the amount of detail and glossy colour graphical finish which works for this game. Also, with it's very unique stat tracking and the new online lobby is a very cool system that tracks streaks and kings of the specific online lobby...The amount of combos and special combos 3 characters can perform are insane and the game is fun to play... The roster is balanced but I felt they could've left out characters like MODOK, She-Hulk and X-23 or possibly include them as DLC characters...
    Last edited by $Richie Rick$; February 21st, 2011 at 01:33 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

7/10 for me

a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed that can get fixed with some DLC and some patches.

Going to be putting in a lot of time with this though since it's just fun to play and is a fresh new experience, SSFIV is incredibly boring now and it's the same stuff over and over. Plus I've only just started practicing properly with my stick because of this game, keep wanting to go back to pad though but something about this game just pulls me towards trying to learn the stick more than other fighters out at the moment.

Looking forward to the DLC such as Jill and patches that will drop X-Factors damage scaling and also drop Sentinels health to around 850-900.

I was hoping there would be a great selection of characters to play but every team seems to have either Sentinel or Dante, so I've been going mostly random online. Only played a local match today for the first time, every other online experience was just random player matches, which I enjoyed save for the lack of character selection

It's definitely a very fun game to play though and if you got friends over you can have fun for hours. Mission mode is also very awesome for getting you started on some custom combo's, done around 200 missions so far and enjoying them quite a bit. lots of time will go in to that.
    PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord

Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Member of best KILLZONE 3 Clan 2011
    Moshi Moshi Jays Desu
    Experience

Is it just me or does the game not change character when you tell it too... I have this problem a lot when i fight with X23...

Experience

I just got this game today and it's totally awesome! I just need to get my iburst modem and router synching again so I can play online :/

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

7/10.

The game looks and sounds good, and while it's fun on a casual level it's spoiled by the high damage and x-factor system. The input system is also very scrubby, probably to cater to beginner players. It's actually possible to hit the buttons too fast so that you miss your combo, even though this game revolves around "magic series" chains, not links.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ilitirit View Post
    7/10.

The game looks and sounds good, and while it's fun on a casual level it's spoiled by the high damage and x-factor system. The input system is also very scrubby, probably to cater to beginner players. It's actually possible to hit the buttons too fast so that you miss your combo, even though this game revolves around "magic series" chains, not links.
    I bought this for my son on friday for his B-Day. Played and messed with it a bit and must say that I agree with Ilit that 7/10 is my rating as well. Even played it online once and the damage taken from certain characters is insane. You can get cleanup by the high damage taken and x-factor system in an instant. And theirs no links like in SF, its button mashing and remembering the insane chains that can clean you up without scoring a hit on your opponent. Don't think i'll play it for long, i'll maar wait for SSF AE then or 3rd Strike

Experience

Yeah sure button mashing gets you all kinda of cool combos but thats what makes it soo fun. It's just soo easy to pick up and play without having to worry about learning combos and crap.

The characters look cool, they even have different speeches depending on who your facing. There are a lot of different super moves and really cool selection of super heroes to play with. I like pairing Thor and Storm, that's just a bad ass combo...

Experience

I thought this was an interesting read:

http://shoryuken.com/content/only-pr...mvc3-you-3694/
    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu

Follow me on Twitter: @SAPhoenixCT

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast