Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not bad!!!!

Experience

Default not bad!!!!

the game start *** and everone thinks he is a frat boy but as soon as u go haze the game starts and all makes sence, dont get me wrong its not perfect but i am enjoying this!

Super Moderator
    My name is my rep. I am therefore totally awesome!
    Game IDs
    Experience

I gave it a 3/5 in a review I did on it. I mentioned that overall it was a decent game.
    I am officially on PS3 number 5. Does that make me a fanboy?
    PROUD OWNER OF A FIFA 12 PLATINUM TROPHY

Epic frag multikill
    Hidden Content

Freak of a goal
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator
    Best Mod 2010 + 2011
    "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

yeah its not bad...its just not good !

I tend to only buy top notch games, If I didn't win Haze I wouldn't have bought it !

Experience

if they sorted out some of the stuff it would have been a awsome game and then it would have 5/5 but im having fun with it!

Very Senior Member
    The legend has Returned! Back from the Dead!!
    Experience

It gets 5/10 just because the online doesnt have lag.The story is lame and bad loading times and every chapter or two...it froze.The game reminded me of half-life...when i was driving(oh the vehicles handle *****)Overall the game is playable...not worth R600.

BTW...If one of u finishes the game...please pm me with what the merino guy said at the end...(didnt take note...bad acting)
    Hidden Content
    PS3 #4 here!...Attention all launch console...will you be NEXT YLoD?

Experience

Played for about 30 minutes last night for the first time, bland visuals, cheesey dialogue and it generally feels like it was rushed to completion. To be fair though I am finding most games average or poor after playing the great MGS4. The gameplay bored me so much I doubt I"ll give it another go, there are just so many better games out now: MGS4, CIV REV, GRID.

This is just my opinion on a very short experience with the game, but generally first impressions do last in games of this nature.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ZedsDeadBaby View Post
    Played for about 30 minutes last night for the first time, bland visuals, cheesey dialogue and it generally feels like it was rushed to completion. To be fair though I am finding most games average or poor after playing the great MGS4. The gameplay bored me so much I doubt I"ll give it another go, there are just so many better games out now: MGS4, CIV REV, GRID.

This is just my opinion on a very short experience with the game, but generally first impressions do last in games of this nature.
    no but the first hour or so sucks...it gets better when u go haze!!! there is a reason y everyone acts the way they do!

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mangelboy View Post
    It gets 5/10 just because the online doesnt have lag.The story is lame and bad loading times and every chapter or two...it froze.The game reminded me of half-life...when i was driving(oh the vehicles handle *****)Overall the game is playable...not worth R600.

BTW...If one of u finishes the game...please pm me with what the merino guy said at the end...(didnt take note...bad acting)
    Played and finished this, then tried some online.

First, to Mangel: He basically says that he is going to start using Nectar on his people because in the right hands it can be used for good, but it's obvious that things will go the same way that it did for Mantel. Maybe it's a way for them to get into a sequel but considering the games financial failure i don't see that happening.

As for the game, it's really not that bad. It has a lot of issues like bland visuals and a pretty generic storyline but the over-the-top-frat-boy acting in the beginning is a major part of the story and is 100% intentional. Load times are not bad but too frequent. The game froze on me twice and in one section the only thing i could see on the screen was my vehicle, everything else was just blank although i could hear the enemy.

I thought the controls were fantastic, easily the best part of the game. Really quick and easy to move-aim-shoot and i found it to be precise. It's a bit short too.

The online was excellent, i was in a game within 60 seconds with very little lag on an international server. Which for me just highlights the poor netcode of COD4 (as great as it is, the lobby system and int. lag is truly ****).

Overall, not worth R600. But for a trade or to pick up a cheap 2nd hand copy it's worth a look. I much preferred this over TimeShift, but that's about it.
    Last edited by MarioAna; August 26th, 2008 at 08:23 AM.

Super Moderator
    Best Mod 2010 + 2011
    "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

lol why we both talking about Haze suddenly.

anyways I've had no freazing yet (touch wood), will have to see later though.

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Lol Coldcat, maybe we are just starting to realise what a great game this is!

Sorry about the spoiler in my previous post, i didn't realise anyone was actually playing this, i have fixed it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast