Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bayonetta 2 cancelled?

Very Senior Member
    What me worry?
    Game IDs
    Experience

Question Bayonetta 2 cancelled?

http://spong.com/article/26926/Rumou...Been-Cancelled

@SgtFiddler you see this? I hope for your sake it's just a rumor. You know I could care less.
    I love this place

Oupa
    I need to PoOh..
    Game IDs
    Experience

Sucks balls...

Bayonetta is awesome,might have had a couple of mixed reviews but IMO it was AWESOME!!!!

I hope this is a rumour...or else i'll be nothing but a sad panda

Experience

@wgb: Yeah, read about it. If true, i guess we can officially declare it the death of the god-tier action game, although i find it hard to believe since Bayonetta was actually profitable for Sega.
    If it is true, hopefully it gets picked up by another publisher, which would be very likely.

For the moment though, at least Rising is still on the way...

4. Saying Thanks:

Thor (May 1st, 2012)  

Oupa
    I need to PoOh..
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SgtFiddler View Post
    @wgb: Yeah, read about it. If true, i guess we can officially declare it the death of the god-tier action game, although i find it hard to believe since Bayonetta was actually profitable for Sega.
    If it is true, hopefully it gets picked up by another publisher, which would be very likely.

For the moment though, at least Rising is still on the way...
    Yeah i was thinking the exact thing,if Sega indeed does not publish there would be a whole bunch of other publishers willing to take on this game.

With all these rumours about Sega changing their whole focus/look it might seem very very likely that might not publish this,but like you said it was one of the more profatable games and would be a dumb move on Segas side.

Game IDs
    Experience

Except the fact that SEGA owns the IP.

No publisher is going to
    1) Buy the rights to the IP, and
    2) Then put the money into developing the game.

Bayonetta got moderate success, but Platinum Games as been a disappointment in terms of sales... they are lucky they even got MGS:R.

If Anarchy Reigns fails like Vanquish before it, I doubt MGS:R sales are going to convince anyone to bother pouring that much money into the studio.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CruizD View Post
    Except the fact that SEGA owns the IP.

No publisher is going to
    1) Buy the rights to the IP, and
    2) Then put the money into developing the game.

Bayonetta got moderate success, but Platinum Games as been a disappointment in terms of sales... they are lucky they even got MGR:R.

If Anarchy Reigns fails like Vanquish before it, I doubt MGR:R sales are going to convince anyone to bother pouring that much money into the studio.
    Fixed

8. Saying Thanks:

Thor (May 1st, 2012),  wgb (May 1st, 2012)  

Experience

Then there's this:

Bayonetta dev reignites sequel hopes

Consumers who were left disappointed by the apparent news of the cancellation of Bayonetta 2 have been thrown a lifeline by the first game’s creator.

Spong yesterday reported that “progress on the apparent Platinum Games sequel was halted” as a result of Sega’s ongoing restructuring, which has to date lead to the cancellation of several titles.

However, responding to these claims on Twitter, Bayonetta and Devil may Cry creator Hideki Kamiya told fans worried by the news to keep an eye on “next week’s game magazines”, according to Spong’s translation.

Indeed, there were elements of Spong’s initial claims that raised a few questions themselves – chiefly the fact that Sega is only the publisher of the game.

Sega is understood to own the Bayonetta IP, but if strategic changes are forcing Sega away from core console gaming then there’s surely a chance that they’d grant developer Platinum license to move forward with the IP independently.

It’s worth mentioning, too, that journalists from sister site Develop had at one stage been lead to believe that Bayonetta 2 was very much in development.
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/bayon...l-hopes/095304

10. Saying Thanks:

Thor (May 1st, 2012),  Vanilla (May 1st, 2012),  wgb (May 1st, 2012)  

Addicted Member
    Winter is coming.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Don't worry people, we're still getting the DMC reboot which is going to be A TON better than what Bayonetta could ever be.

*runs away*

12. Saying Thanks:

SgtFiddler (May 1st, 2012),  tehNihilist (May 1st, 2012),  wgb (May 1st, 2012)  

The RPG snob
    Experience

Dammit people!! We need more accessible games. Accessible I say!!

Funny thing is, developers and publishers keep thinking that gamers want more "casual" in their games. Then why do games like Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and the Ninja Gaiden series (bar 3) do so well and are loved by the gaming community? If anything gamers want MORE challenge now than ever!

14. Saying Thanks:

RagnaXBL (May 2nd, 2012),  SgtFiddler (May 1st, 2012),  Vanilla (May 1st, 2012)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Bayonetta sequel may not be canned...

http://g3ar.co.za/2012/05/03/bayonet...not-be-canned/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast