Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They lied to us?

Oupa
    Don't run. You'll just die tired.
    Experience

Default They lied to us?

They lied to us!? Or did they?

So i heard some rumors that Final Fantasy 13-3 was never going to be put into development. Initially i found this a bit odd because of the "To be continued" at the end of FF13-2. That is until Square Enix revealed their reasoning behind the message. Sneaky SE. I see what you did there.

Read article: http://andriasang.com/comzvb/ffxiii2_tbc/ Warning could contain spoilers.

What to do you FF fans think? I was a little peeved at the thought of not getting a full title to tie up the loose ends in FF 13-2, but i suppose the up coming dlc makes up for it. Well sort of.

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Experience

Absolutely ridiculous.

"We're going to sell people an unfinished game at full price and then charge them extra for the missing bits."

Oupa
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Buffel View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous.

"We're going to sell people an unfinished game at full price and then charge them extra for the missing bits."
    Silly isn't it. It seem to be a tragic trend in games nowadays.

Addicted Member
    "I am a mad scientist! Mwahahaha!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

This time.. Im disappointed in Square Enix.

Cheap trick, disgusting. How could they do this to an amazing game.
    BOOOO!!!!

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Experience

Oupa
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Buffel View Post
    Haha. Thanks Buffel. Im sure a game based on lies, suspicion, betrayal and deception will take my mind off ES and their..... lies, betrayal and deception.

7. Saying Thanks:

Buffel (May 8th, 2012)  

Experience

so first they cut out the endings and sell it to us. Next they will cut out all epilogues and intros to sell as dlc(azura wrath, prince of persia 200.

Its like going to the movies, you pay for your ticket(game), then you HAVE to buy the 3d glasses(pre order dlc, day 1 dlc), buy pop corn(horse armour anyone, mass effect 3 dlc). Watch the movie only to end with a black screen saying" 2 be continued........(pause)unless you buy the ending now "
    Knowlege gained regardless of content, is time well spent.
    Innovation is my Passion.

Hidden Content
    Give me an apple and I'l cut it in half, give me an orange and I'l cut it in fours. But give him two fish and a few pieces of bread and he can feed a congress, now thats something.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LEL View Post
    so first they cut out the endings and sell it to us. Next they will cut out all epilogues and intros to sell as dlc(azura wrath, prince of persia 200.

Its like going to the movies, you pay for your ticket(game), then you HAVE to buy the 3d glasses(pre order dlc, day 1 dlc), buy pop corn(horse armour anyone, mass effect 3 dlc). Watch the movie only to end with a black screen saying" 2 be continued........(pause)unless you buy the ending now "

Yip that's why i have yet to own a Crapcom game this Gen.
    Don't get me started on COD...Most epic fail DLC this Gen
    StarKiller

Experience

with those games i expect it but with an rpg(real ones , japan rpg), you expect to get the full game. Now these wrpg, i.e. Mass effect and skyrim they drip feed you content. But in the past i was always confident that when i buy a final fantasy its THE FULL GAME.

i hate this new mentality
    Its only in the game indutry where people ,consumers i happy to buy an incomplete, unfinished and most often a non QA passed product. I work in the manufacturing industry and the engineering industry, and i can tell you now if a product is not up to standards and we not truthful with our compostion or qa analysis its hell. But in the games undustry its fine to ¤¤¤¤ with your customers.

I give it to sony and nintendo at least they proud of their products and show it. QA is up to scratch and you get a full game.

Folllowing the leader is not always a good idea , activision and ea are the leading game companies in NA market and the japan guys are just playing a game of "me too", but from the worst guys!!!!.
    Why couldnt they vang tips from companies like santa monica, rockstar studios or their own like Platinum games.

I apologise if i appear to be ranting, but this sucks as a new consumer to games i deserve better products and services, thus like any other medium. I vote with my wallet!!!!!

Its easy guys so many games are coming out these days. Therefore stick to the "QUALITY" and "FUN" games.

To be continued...with follow up d(disc)lc that was already on the disc but decided to cut it out and sell it to you again.....
    Knowlege gained regardless of content, is time well spent.
    Innovation is my Passion.

Hidden Content
    Give me an apple and I'l cut it in half, give me an orange and I'l cut it in fours. But give him two fish and a few pieces of bread and he can feed a congress, now thats something.

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Experience

At least Atlus still loves us.

12. Saying Thanks:

tehNihilist (May 12th, 2012)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast