Poll: Time Spent Waiting

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drivers Licence Renewal

Very Senior Member Akafreakazoid's Avatar
    Experience

I've had two renewals so far and both haven't been longer than an hour total.

First was in Ottery, sat in a queue, out within an hour. Last time was in Hermanus, took about 5 mins.
    Hidden Content

My Playfire Profile: Hidden Content

Experience

I need to go next year.

6 hrs last time. 2 queues, one for eyes and one to pay. Now I have an iPad/PSP so all good.
    Hidden Content
    I never drew first but I drew the first blood.
    I own the bullet that has my name on it!

Experience

I too was lucky. I went for the soul purpose of getting the form and coming back another day to brave the queues. When I walked in, there were only 3 people waiting for the eye test. So sat down I did. In and out in 30 mins

I went to Montague Gardens / Milnerton Cape Town

Addicted Member
    A Dark Soul!
    Game IDs
    Experience

+/- 45 Min total . I was second in queue

Game IDs
    Experience

I went to the Centurion office about three weeks ago, got there at 11:00, and they just opened at 11:00, so some of the people have been sitting there since 07:00 in the morning.

It's the third time I've been there where they put a sign up just after 08:00 saying that they open at 11:00 because they have some or other meeting.

Very Senior Member VariableEntity's Avatar
    Game IDs
    Experience

Done mine twice and each time it took around 4-5 hours. Due for a renewal again in Feb 2013 and I'm not looking forward to it.

Experience

I need to do renewal before end of June.

I'm just going to get the eye test done at an optomotrist and get the form.

Does anyone know if the Randburg Licensing department is open on Saturday's for renewals?

And what do I need to take with? ID, 4 passport photos, what else? And how much does it cost.
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato

My Games:
    PS4: MGS Ground Zereos, MLB 14 The Show
    PS3: God of War Ascension, Skyrim, F1 13, NBA 2k14, Metal Gear Legacy Edition

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    Last time i went it was about an hour, not too bad.
    same here ...just over an hour...not to bad

Oupa
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xxx_alwyn_xxx View Post
    I need to do renewal before end of June.

I'm just going to get the eye test done at an optomotrist and get the form.

Does anyone know if the Randburg Licensing department is open on Saturday's for renewals?

And what do I need to take with? ID, 4 passport photos, what else? And how much does it cost.
    How much is the eye test at an optomotrist?

When I went to Langlaagte, I only needed photo's for the temporary permit which I asked for seeing that my licence was going to expire, I only used two from the eight I took. They took a picture of me after I did the eye test so I don't think they require photo's for when just doing a renewal. Definately take your ID with you. I paid R228 for the renewal and R72 for the permit.

This was done at Langlaagte so I'm not so sure what will be the requirements for photo's at Randburg. I think the price remains the same as it's the same province.
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi

If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama, May 15, 2001, at the "Educating Heart Summit" in Portland, Oregon

10. Saying Thanks:

xxx_alwyn_xxx (May 21st, 2012)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by DeFqOn1_ZA View Post
    How much is the eye test at an optomotrist?

When I went to Langlaagte, I only needed photo's for the temporary permit which I asked for seeing that my licence was going to expire, I only used two from the eight I took. They took a picture of me after I did the eye test so I don't think they require photo's for when just doing a renewal. Definately take your ID with you. I paid R228 for the renewal and R72 for the permit.

This was done at Langlaagte so I'm not so sure what will be the requirements for photo's at Randburg. I think the price remains the same as it's the same province.
    Not too sure man, I just went to Specsavers and did one Saturday. They take medical aid, so I'm not sure about the costs.

Got my certificate, and will go sometime this week in lunchtime to go pick up a form so that I can fill it out beforehand...to safe some more time.
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato

My Games:
    PS4: MGS Ground Zereos, MLB 14 The Show
    PS3: God of War Ascension, Skyrim, F1 13, NBA 2k14, Metal Gear Legacy Edition

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast