With every system update you pray that a new feature you’ve been waiting for will make it into the update. The closed beta for this new system update will be available to those in the beta from tomorrow, 2 March. Here is a breakdown of the key improvements included in this firmware update:
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign in on the network. Notifications can be tailored to certain friends.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being interrupted. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Now it’s easier to organise a game session. We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- PlayStation Plus – A new option in the PlayStation Plus destination will allow you to easily check and manage your online storage.
- Dailymotion, new service partner in Share feature – Dailymotion, an additional live streaming service, will become available for PS4 users to enhance their broadcast experience. Like other live streaming services available on PS4, users will enjoy the following features: Activity Feed, What’s New Broadcast Info Tile, Live Detail and Live from PlayStation.
Friend Online Notification, Appear Offline and Remote Play on PC looks like the top three improvements at this time, though there might be more that’s unannounced at this time. There’s no exact date when this update will be available to those who are not part of the Beta. We’ll update you as soon as we know more.