YES TRAINERS the moment that we’ve all been waiting for, Generation 2 Pokémon incoming! According to Niantic’s Pokémon GO website players are about to be graced with over 80 new Pokémon from the franchises Johto region, otherwise known as generation 2 Pokémon. No exact date was provided but the word is that the update will be live later this week.
Apart from the update of us receiving more Pokémon additional detail was provided on some intriguing information.
- Gender Based Pokémon (this raises the question on breeding).
- Evolution Items to be found at PokéStops (this raises the question of trading as we all know a Pokémon holding an evolution item has to be traded before it can evolve).
- Encountered Pokémon with altered moves whilst trying to capture it.
- New Berries – Nanab berries and Pinap berries. When given to a Pokémon before capture these berries will slow down the Pokémon making it easier to catch or in the case of the Pinap berries will double the candy earned from the capture.
- New Avatars and an extended wardrobe.
Let us know if you’re still playing Pokémon GO or has it become a distant memory to you.