Wow, can you believe Overwatch has been out for a year already? For some of us it feels much longer, if you were lucky enough to test the game before it came out. Ever since it was announced the game captured hearts and minds, with fan art, cosplay and more exploding on the internet within a day of the game’s reveal.
Since then Overwatch has been a great ride. Several cool events have caused players to rush back to the game in droves and every week I try to get some arcade wins for lootboxes. I don’t get that many because I am terrible at the game, but I do try to get me some beautiful digital loot.
If you never played the amazing game that is Overwatch, a free weekend is coming up, from May 26 to May 29. The game will be free to play on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One so unless your internet is really rubbish, you don’t have an excuse to not try it out.
If the game grabs your fancy now, game of the year edition has been announced, which includes a pile of digital goodies. If you want to start now and the pre-order goodies from last year suddenly look tasty, you can get them if you buy the game of the year edition.
- Overwatch 10 Bonus Loot Boxes — Enjoy 10 bonus Loot Boxes, which each contain random items that can be used to personalize your heroes. Loot Boxes may include skins, emotes, victory poses, voice lines, sprays, and highlight intros, as well as credits you can use to acquire many different customization options.
- Overwatch Hero Skins — Pay homage to the original Overwatch strike force by wearing the vintage Blackwatch Reyes or Strike-Commander Morrison skins. Explore other heroes’ origins with Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, and even Slipstream Tracer.
Heroes of the Storm Tracer Hero — Jump into the Nexus with Tracer and surprise your enemies in the blink of an eye.
- World of Warcraft Baby Winston Pet — Adorably cuddly and highly intellectual, the Baby Winston pet will be at your side as you fight your way through Azeroth.
- Diablo III Mercy’s Wings — Slay demonic forces throughout the High Heavens and Burning Hells as you don Mercy’s wings. All of Sanctuary will know of your allegiance to Overwatch!
- StarCraft II In-game Portraits and a Hearthstone Card Back — With portraits of Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, you’re sure to become a champion of the Koprulu Sector. You can also battle it out in Hearthstone with an Overwatch-themed card back fit for a hero!
If you are playing the game, keep an eye out for an anniversary event that starts on May 23. I know what I am doing next week! Looking back, it has been a pretty amazing year, unlike some games who don’t seem to understand that people love events. Who would have thought?