It looks like Star Wars Battlefront II isn’t the only game changing loot box systems after the fact. Need for Speed Payback is changing its loot boxes and progression system to be more generous.
Inside the loot boxes, you will find more Rep and Bank, two resources you need to get anywhere in the game. You will also gain more Rep and Bank outside of the loot boxes by completing events or beating Roaming Racers.
Ghost Games spokesperson F8RGE detailed the changes: “We’ve been using community feedback, along with our own in-game data and have come up with a number of changes, many of which are in the process of going live. Our aim with these changes is to make the progression, especially around the ownership of cars a much more enjoyable experience.”
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
These are supposed to be “phase one” of changes and more tweaks will appear in the future. One of the next things to get improved is the Tune-up shops, which will have improved quality and level of parts in stock.
In Dawid’s review of Payback, he mentioned that the progression system was clumsy and confusing and held the game back.