Here we are in 2018 and one of 2016’s best games is still giving us more. Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition is coming in March, and the Royal Edition will be hitting consoles at the same time.
The Royal Edition includes a new dungeon, allowing us to explore the ruins of Insomnia. There are also new sidequests to defeat new bosses like Cerberus, Omega and more. Noctis will also be able to use Armiger Unleashed. There is also a first-person mode (to stare at Gladio), a fancy boat (maybe a nice day cruise with the boys) and more story involving Cor. Oh yeah, give us some more Matt Mercer love, thanks.
For those that have been waiting for the PC version, it is finally on the horizon. On March 6 you will be able to mod it, crunch it and make your PC scream as it renders it in 4K.
The Royal Edition content can be bought as a separate disc for those who missed out on FFXV, or as a $20 add-on to what you already have. The Royal Edition includes:
- An all-new dungeon – Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map
- New features such as first person mode, new gear, and new bosses.
- Armiger Unleashed – after you collect all 13 royal arms, a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked
- Royal Vessel – the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored.
- All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
- Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.
Source: Square Enix