If you have played Rainbow Six: Siege before you will know that the enemies you are up against are usually from some terrorist group. That is all about to change on March 6th to April 3rd because that is when an in-game event called Outbreak goes live. In Outbreak you will have to take down creatures that look like they just walked off the set of Stranger Things instead of the usual balaclava wearing bad guys. Below is a short teaser clip of what you can expect but there will be a full reveal of all the enemy types on the 18th of February. For now, we have them listed below for you to take a look at:
- Grunts – Grunts are common hostiles that become highly resistant when the parasite detects an enemy presence. To protect its host, the parasite armors its body and becomes more resistant to bullet wounds. Caution and stealth is recommended.
- Breachers – Breachers are proximity bombs that crater anything in their path. They make for a very agile opponent, but they launch themselves into the fray and blow holes in indestructible walls. Make sure you are nowhere close to them.
- Rooters – Rooters are a more rare type of hostile. They send out coral spikes from the ground to injure and immobilise their targets. Rooters are always on the move and will keep you on edge. Beware when dealing them the final blow; they become extremely lethal when on the brink of death.
- Smashers – Smashers are not discreet. The parasite reinforces its body under a massively thick hide, making it practically impervious to bullet wounds. They will also tear down walls without suffering any injuries.
- Apex – Apex is at the top of the ET food chain. It sends waves of hostiles your way rather than attack you head-on. They can hurl blinding projectiles, which can only be countered by Finka and Doc. This opponent is a real test of your team’s communication skills.
Source: PC Gamer