PUBG Corp. made its new 4×4 map, Savage, available on the experimental test server recently and are looking to include the squad game option as said in a Steam post today.
Savage is currently available to testers in the solo game mode currently for which you’ll need an access key (which you can obtain here). The keys are running out fast so you better act quickly.
The current Solo game mode will see you running and gunning until the last 20+ players within a matter of minutes, unlike Erangel and Miramar’s ±30 minute matches, set in a lush tropical environment with physical structures all over the map. PUBG Corp. also stated that due to the environment in which the Savage map is hosted, the inclusion of the squads option will see longer matchmaking times. In addition, PUBG Corp. is updating the current version of the Savage map with the following changes:
- Increased the item and weapon spawn rates inside residential buildings and small cabins to improve the looting experience along the outskirts of the map.
- The first blue zone circle will show up right at the beginning of the match so players can plan their strategy before parachuting.
- Blue zone time adjusted to speed up gameplay during the first phase of the match.
- Red zone frequency has been lowered.
- There are now fewer explosions inside each red zone. The size of the red zone remains the same.
- Vans now spawn less often. The two-wheeled motorcycle spawns more often.
- Motorbikes with sidecars have been removed from Codename: Savage.
Savage is much smaller than the two existing PUBG maps, which leads to faster and more frenetic matches. PUBG creator Brendan Greene says the Savage map was created with the intention of quick matches with close quarters combat as its focus which will “give you all a much more intense and faster-paced Battle Royale experience.”
PUBG Corp. also released a new update that added a weapon skin system allowing players to enter the battlefield with swag through new crates. Additionally, the developer is giving away a free weapon skin to PC players for a limited time to celebrate the one-year anniversary of PUBG’s early access release.
Source: PUBG Steam