Yesterday someone released information about the next free update to No Man’s Sky a little early. Now we know that the patch goes live pretty soon. Like today soon.
The next update, Visions, is a rather hefty one, adding variety with new biomes, animals and hazardous plants and rock creatures that run away when you try to
murder mine them. Things will have more colours, so expect to see new skies and oceans, rainbows and much more.
There will be archaeology now and you can collect trophies for your base. Most importantly, thrill seekers can make bank by heading into storms on already hazardous planets for storm crystals, a new resource worth a lot of money. There will also be more freighter crashes, complete with shiny loot to go hunting down.
Oh and we will stop “discovering” basic elements on every planet. Take that Di-Hydrogen! Also the landscaping tool will stop destroying valuable loot. The number of times I went digging towards a shiny thing to have it mistakenly zapped will hopefully never increase again.
The full patch notes, for those who like details:
Missions and progress
- Fixed an issue where players could be prevented from earning a free freighter in the tutorial.
Allowed the Dreams of the Deep mission to detect if the a Nautilon Chamber had been built nearby before the mission started.
- Fixed an issue where missions that visited trade terminals could advance without their objective being completed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented higher level Aeration Membrane upgrade modules from appearing in the Space Station tech shops.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Freighter Hyperdrive upgrade modules from appearing in the Space Station tech shops.
- Fixed an issue where players could fail to learn the Living Glass blueprint at the correct time.
- Fixed an issue where players could fail to learn the Exocraft Boost blueprint at the correct time.
- NipNip blueprints can now be acquired from the Base farmer after their mission chain is complete.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs awarding procedurally generated upgrade modules would select from an insufficiently random pool.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some doors + items that require Atlas Pass v1 from accepting v2 or v3.
- Adjusted the behaviour of wanted level timers, so that the wanted level decays as the timer does.
- Improved the appearance of the planetary readout from space.
- Added a new section to the inventory item popup hinting at the item’s use.
- Improved the visual feedback when collecting items, especially rare items.
- Improved the text labels for armoured objects.
- Added a filter for “Not Owned” to the Quicksilver Shop.
- Fixed an issue which would allow players to browse their existing fleet whilst purchasing a new frigate.
- Fixed a rare case where certain game inputs could temporarily fail to be recognised if remapped then reverted to defaults.
- Prevented an erroneous boost icon appearing while piloting the Nautilon (on PS4 and Xbox One).
Bases and buildings
- Fixed an issue preventing building multiples of storage container 1 (on PS4 and Xbox One).
Planets and discoveries
Fixed an issue where extreme weather planets could fail to generate storms.
Improved the distribution of ammonia and uranium on toxic and radioactive planets.
Improved some analysis visor text descriptions.
Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator could destroy valuable objects.
Fixed an issue where other players’ discoveries could prevent fauna and flora from being scanned with the analysis visor.
Added identifiable descriptors for all anomalous planet types.
Fixed an issue where resource crystals (eg Di-Hydrogen) could be rediscovered on every planet.
Fixed an issue where many minerals would be called Yukovsite.
Allowed the torch to be used when exploring crashed freighters.
- Fixed an issue where exocraft customisation colours could be incorrect until refreshed in the customiser.
- Fixed a rendering issue with oversized fungi.
- Fixed an issue where stationary objects could sometimes appear blurred.
- Improved the draw distance on some exotic planet objects.
- Fixed some out of memory crashes.
- Fixed a crash when quitting the game during a gesture.